GAA club grounds - help needed

Started by m_the_d, October 11, 2008, 03:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Duleek.

No - that's the only Pats. So hurling has penetrated East Meath. What next?

5 Sams

Just a minor nit pick on one of the South Down clubs it's Clann na Banna not Clann na Bearna.
The Aristocrat Years

FermPundit

Quote from: m_the_d on October 21, 2008, 01:33:10 AM
Fermanagh
Dual: Lisnaskea Emmets. Football: Aghadrumsee St McCartans, Belcoo O'Rathalaighs, Belnaleck Art McMurroughs, Brookeboro Heber McMahons, Coa O'Dwyers, Derrygonnelly Harps, Derrylin O'Connells, Devenish St Marys, Enniskillen Gaels, Erne Gaels Belleek, Irvinestown St Molaise, Kinawley Brian Borus, Maguiresbridge St Marys, Newtownbutler First Fermanaghs, Roslea Shamrocks, St Josephs Ederney, St Patricks Donagh, Teemore, Tempo Maguires. Hurling: Lisbellaw St Patricks.

Just to complete the full name of each Fermanagh club, its Teemore Shamrocks

I've just noticed you haven't included Knocks Grattans on your list. Knocks Grattans is an underage hurling club located between Lisnaskea and Donagh.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on October 21, 2008, 09:02:22 AM
the idea of arming Stamullen men is alarming.

:D :D

Fair play m the d.
Great work, let us know when its up and running on google earth.
Ask me holy bollix

Kerry Mike

St Pats East Kerry play home games in the Spa I think.

Not sure about Gale Rangers however, most of the Rangers in Kerry are named after rivers, Feale and Laune etc, so a bit of a google , throws up:

The principal rivers are the Blackwater, which, rising in the Dunkerran Mountains, forms for a few miles the boundary line between Kerry and Cork, and then passes into the latter county; the Ruaughty, which with a course resembling the arc of a circle falls into the head of the Kenmare River; the Inny and Ferta, which flow westward, the one into Ballinskellig Bay and the other into Valencia harbour; the Flesk, which flows northward through the lower Lake of Killarney, after which it takes the name of Laune, and flows north-westward to Dingle Bay; the Caragh, which rises in the mountains of Dunkerran, after forming several lakes falls into Castlemaine harbour; the Maine, which flows from Castle Island and south-westward to the sea at Castlemaine harbour, receiving the northern Flesk, which rises in the mountains that divide Cork from Kerry; and the Feale, Gale and Brick, the junction of which forms the Cashin, a short tidal river which flows into the estuary of the Shannon.  

Missing from the Kerry list

Charlie Kerins - Tralee
Brick Rangers - North Kerry
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

m_the_d

Map data is finally up online. Due to limitations on the number of placemarks that can be put on the map, counties have been grouped geographically over 10 maps. This is a trial version, and may be changed in the future, as no function for a club finder has been looked at yet.

Divisional groupings were for my own notes only, and not viewable. A Football club has GFC in the name, Hurling club HC and dual clubs name only. Some dual clubs have (H) and (F) included in the name if known by different names for each code. I consider this an ongoing work-in-progress and will make any additions or alterations that are brought to my attention.

Thanks to everyone who helped out along the way. Maps are viewable on the Milford(Limerick) GAA Website HERE

stpauls

also noticed in the Armagh section, it is Mullaghbawn Cuchullians, not Mullabawn O'Donovan Rossa as stated!!

laoisgaa

Hi m the d,

Excellent work. Do you have these in Google Earth yet? Any idea if the data can be downloaded for use in a GPS Sat Nav system?

Sandy Hill

Keady Michael Dwyers GFC (not on your map) share a pitch with Keady Lamh Dhearg HC.

Excellent piece of work!
"Stercus accidit"

m_the_d

Thanks for the feedback.
Killeavey has been moved, still tracking down a location for Corrinshego.
Michael Dwyers is there, it's very close to Lamh Dearg(zoom in close to see it!) I'll move them apart a bit.

AS for GPS, I have no idea. All the info is on my GE at the moment, and I upload it to GM, then link it to the website. I'll look into it.

ziggysego

Greencastle in Tyrone is actually called An Caisleán Glas
Testing Accessibility