Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rionach 4

Good one rrhf  
enjoyed the wit . But we must rmember Tyrone are hitting that wall to . I know not as soon as Armagh have but Brian Mc Guigan enda Mc Ginley Ryan Mc Menaim Kevein Hughes Philip Jordan ryan Mellon Brian Dooher Stephen O neill  will all be well over 30 by Christmas and some already well over it. The two Mc Entees quit when they were twenty eight  at that rate of going sean Kavanagh and Joe Mc Mahon wont be far of that either. The tyrone team that could field against armagh on Sunday week could contain no less than 12 of the 2003 team The only three that I can think that are not on the current panel are Cormac Mc Anallen(God Rest him) Peter Canavan Gerard Cavlan. Some of them lads have  played a serious amount of footbal. Like the Mc Entees it takes it's toll. The sexy young Tyrone men might not seem all that sexy. Anyway good luck to both teams . For us its definetly a new era For Tyrone .well..... Are we human or are we dancer

aroundincircles

EC Unique

Armamike

Quote from: rrhf on May 19, 2009, 07:25:40 PM
Bang and the Ulster championship is on for Tyrone and Armagh.  What a couple they made, how they danced and filled Croke Park during halycon days in 2002,3 and 2005 but is the duos romantic antics over?  Does the Armagh squad now pay mere lipservice to an era when orangemen lived among the proudest 3 teams of the decade?  Now a once tight panel is bursting through the seams, Bellew, Mc Grane have old sagged away, and the repair work just simply isnt the same or is hiding a few old cracks.  The orange one certainly looks like she needs a bit more than Peter O Donnells finest makeover.  70 minutes later and bang its over and if on Sunday week, its over for Armagh by points and performance, then the dancins surely over for one half of that glorious Ulster couple.  Its not sexy young Tyronemens fault - the auld orange faced bitch just got too damned ugly.   

Tyrone aren't as young as they used to be. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

ONeill

Quote from: rionach 4 on May 19, 2009, 09:02:51 PM
But we must rmember Tyrone are hitting that wall to . I know not as soon as Armagh have but Brian Mc Guigan enda Mc Ginley Ryan Mc Menaim Kevein Hughes Philip Jordan ryan Mellon Brian Dooher Stephen O neill  will all be well over 30 by Christmas and some already well over it.

Holy feck. I still thought those boys were 22. The minor team of 97/98 is a long time ago now. We should acknowledge them before it's too late.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

anportmorforjfc

ONeill

Just been told tonight I'm doing Godfather on the 31st May. Would you believe it.

Bensars

Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2009, 10:12:04 PM
Just been told tonight I'm doing Godfather on the 31st May. Would you believe it.

You could organise a font to be delivered to Paragon garden

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on May 19, 2009, 10:18:37 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2009, 10:12:04 PM
No. Who the feck would let you be the godfather of their child?

Ahem, no.5.

rionach 4

Yes sorry forgot about Horse devlin the same way as Micky forgot about him since. Mark Harte was a sub so incidentally was stephen o.neil . he came on as did Chris lawn. Still Tyrone could field  a full team from that panel of 2003. Armagh have two in the current starting team and two in the panel  from 2002.

ONeill

Joking aside, the build-up has been tailor-made for Armagh. They're in the long grass with nothing expected of them. You don't go from Ulster Champions to no-hopers in 10 months even with a couple of retirements and injuries.

armaghniac

QuoteYou don't go from Ulster Champions to no-hopers in 10 months even with a couple of retirements and injuries.

Well Tyrone went from AI champions in 2005 to no hopers in 10 months with a few retirements and injuries. Surely Armagh are not better than Tyrone?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on May 20, 2009, 12:39:27 AM
Joking aside, the build-up has been tailor-made for Armagh. They're in the long grass with nothing expected of them. You don't go from Ulster Champions to no-hopers in 10 months even with a couple of retirements and injuries.

Oh yes we do. I wont mind getting beat by 15 points - just as long as someone gets sent aff for slapping Jordan and McMeniman
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Yes I Would

Quote from: Orior on May 20, 2009, 08:44:40 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 20, 2009, 12:39:27 AM

Oh yes we do. I wont mind getting beat by 15 points - just as long as someone gets sent aff for slapping Jordan and McMeniman

And Gormley as well!!