Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: Armamike on May 14, 2009, 07:32:02 PM
Why Duffy at wing forward?  Based on one challenge game? I can't remember him playing here at county level otherwise.  

App thats where he's being playing recently in training and doing well by all accounts, a repeat performance of the Dublin game would do him no harm. Who would you swap him with?

under the bar

The probably absence of O'Neill and Dooher has levelled the playing field considerably.  A wet day would further level it.  You never know, Armagh could well spawn this one with a flukey goal or two.  ;)

Onion Bag

Sure we will turn up and see how it goes, cant wait to see the current All Ireland champions in action,

but to be honest UTB, cant see anything but a dam good hammering from the champs, but sure it will be a day out,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Fuzzman

I'm actually glad now this game isn't in Omagh after all as I never like the feeling of playing championship games there.
There always seems to be pressure on the team to perform and they often struggle on their first outing of the year.

I see McGinley has hurt his finger but Harte doesn't think he'll be a doubt.

Does anyone think we'll see any of Mulgrew this year? Could he fill the No 10 jersey if Dooher doesn't make it?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 15, 2009, 11:59:11 AM
I'm actually glad now this game isn't in Omagh after all as I never like the feeling of playing championship games there.
There always seems to be pressure on the team to perform and they often struggle on their first outing of the year.

Does anyone think we'll see any of Mulgrew this year? Could he fill the No 10 jersey if Dooher doesn't make it?

Not a chance Enda will miss it for that. As soon as the doctor put it back in place in Pomeroy last week, he fielded the next kick out & set up another Errigal attack!

He could be the main man come May 31st, against an inexperienced midfield!!!

longball

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 15, 2009, 11:59:11 AM

I have my doubts, im a fan of Mulgrew but think he may lack the work rate and maybe agression needed. Ive seen him play for Cookstown a couple of times this year and he hasnt impressed me. Mulgrew is proberly one of the most skillful players in the County but has never really performed or made it hard for Harte to leave him out.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

under the bar

Mulgrew would have about as effective an impact against Armagh as Mark Harte did.  Way too light.

Archie Mitchell

Mulgrew is a very skillful player but just not strong enough at the minute for inter county football. After reading the article about Brian and Tommy McGuigan, Tommy was talking about the time he was dropped from the panel after the McKenna Cup and Mickey Harte told him to go back to his club, work on his strength and if he did, he would be on the panel the next year. Tommy did do this and has reaped the rewards for all his hard work. I think Mulgrew maybe would need the same. Take a break, build up his strength on his own and come back onto the panel a stronger player pushing for a place on the team as was one of the stars of the 2004 AI winning minor team.

tyrone86

You boys are very fickle. For me, Mulgrew is the heir apparent to Brian McGuigan - he was an All Star nominee at Centre Half Forward in 2007 while still an U21. I don't think he got a minutes football last year at CHF, rather the majority of his football was played at WHF or in the Corner. Let's be perfectly fair, McGuigan never counted on the Wing or at CF either when he played there under Art and Eugene - he is an out and out Centre man and Mulgrew is in the same mould. Give the lad time, he's still only 23.

ONeill

I think you can only go on what he has offered in general play at inter-county level and despite glimpses of talent, he hasn't really shown much. McGuigan was always wicked enough to count that this level no matter where he played. But I agree time is on his side.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

I see Stephen O Neill took a full part in training this week according to rte website, prob be took late to make 1st 15 on the 31st but good news all the same!

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2009, 07:35:18 PM
I think you can only go on what he has offered in general play at inter-county level and despite glimpses of talent, he hasn't really shown much. McGuigan was always wicked enough to count that this level no matter where he played. But I agree time is on his side.

I think O'Neill has touched here why McGuigan excelled and why Mulgrew has not as yet.  Brian has that special ability to win balls he should never have had a hope in hell of getting.  I dont see that drive in Mulgrews game yet but hopefully it comes through,

omagh_gael

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 16, 2009, 06:22:37 PM
I see Stephen O Neill took a full part in training this week according to rte website, prob be took late to make 1st 15 on the 31st but good news all the same!

I know, I know...bit sad quoting myself but heard earlier that SO'N will be starting for the clanns tomorrow 

orangeman

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 16, 2009, 11:04:59 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 16, 2009, 06:22:37 PM

I know, I know...bit sad quoting myself but heard earlier that SO'N will be starting for the clanns tomorrow 

Apparently scored 2-2 but had to be taken off with ........... a sore knee !!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :(

Fuzzman

Yeah I heard he scored 2.02 but was wihdrawn as his knee was giving him bother.
I've a feeling its gonna be like this all season with him playing bits & pieces of games depending on how it reacts to each game he plays.

Dooher played well but I'd be very surprised if Stevie or Brian play on Sunday week.