Ireland V Austrailia International Rules Official Thread 2008

Started by BallyhaiseMan, September 11, 2008, 04:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: peterquaife on October 07, 2008, 05:24:33 PM
if I was lined out on the oval in a couple of weeks times, I'd like Fergal Doc standing beside me, wee need big strong skillful hooers out there.....cam an te f*$k Ireland

Now you're talking ! Is John Mc Dermott still playing ? What sort of shape is he in ??

fred the red

interesting squad selection, now's the time to get behind our men!

magickingdom

i dont think sean boylan is the man for this job, they couldnt kick or fight the last time and this time hes obiviously gone for big players but they need to be able to score ffs. they also need to understand simple things like how the mark properly used can win you the game. clarke has to be in there but whats he doing on a standby list. i would love to see some more of the kerry players get interested in this (dara in particular - used wisely) but they arent and more is the pity. maybe this is too soon for tommy walsh as well. did galvin ever have a chance?

Doire abú

Quote from: peterquaife on October 07, 2008, 05:24:33 PM
if I was lined out on the oval in a couple of weeks times, I'd like Fergal Doc standing beside me, wee need big strong skillful hooers out there.....cam an te f*$k Ireland

Doc was asked to go, but declined as far as I know. Maybe some of the Bellaghy posters will know better.

saffron sam2

Quote from: liihb on October 07, 2008, 12:17:24 PM
Squad
Irish International Rules squad: Seán Cavanagh (Tyrone), Graham Canty (Cork), David Gallagher (Meath), Colm Begley ( Brisbane Lions/Laois), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Benny Coulter (Down), Bryan Cullen (Dublin), Kieran Donaghy (Kerry), Leighton Glynn (Wicklow), Finian Hanley (Galway), John Keane (Westmeath), Aaron Kernan (Armagh), Ciarán Lyng (Wexford), Steven McDonnell (Armagh), Enda McGinley (Tyrone), Ciarán McKeever (Armagh), Joe McMahon (Tyrone), Justin McMahon (Tyrone), Michael Meehan (Galway), John Miskella (Cork), Aidan OMahony (Kerry), Pearse O'Neill (Cork), Tom Parsons (Mayo), Kevin Reilly (Meath), Tommy Walsh (Kerry), Killian Young (Kerry). Standby: Aidan Carr (Down), Ronan Clarke (Armagh), Paul Finlay (Monaghan), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Kevin McCloy (Derry), Martin McGrath (Fermanagh).

I'm thinking the balding Anthony Tohill was very much the junior partner in the selection process.

Good to see Leighton Glynn there - he was outstanding in last year's Tommy Murphy cup final.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Tyrone Dreamer

What position does Glynn play? Is he big? A few changes and I'd have been happy enough with that squad. Would like to have seen Gormley/Clarke/McGrath picked. Boylans decision to pick the 2 Meath players is questionable to say the least. Reilly wasnt good enough the last time and I doubt he is now. Its going to be hard for someone to adapt from club football to playing in this no matter how good they are. Is there a back up option if Gallagher doesnt work?

Still we're bigger and stronger than the last time and there is some decent options in the squad. Hopefully it will be a much improved and competitive series. The last few have been poor but there have been very good games in the past. Would be nice to win it.

Doire abú

Glynn plays half back, but something tells me he played half-forward this year, not totally sure.

Bryan Cullen could do goals as he has done in International Rules in the past.

nutsy--1

not a bad squad of players, but in my opinion he should picked clarke he's always preformed well and isn't afraid to get stuck in. im not sure about bernard brogan but il give him a chance to prove himself. just glad to notice that lad from laois isn't on it the one who takes frees and shane ryan he especialy embarressed himself trying to act a hard man against the aussies which isnt the smartest idea.

Minder

Does it matter who wins as long as we see a good bit of boxing?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

fred the red

how many counties have been represented with Int Rules players in the past then?

screenexile

Since 2001 every County has been represented except:

Waterford, Clare, Tipp, Limerick, Antrim, Monaghan, Louth, Leitrim, Kilkenny, Wicklow, and Carlow.

JMohan

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 07, 2008, 09:50:26 PM
Quote from: liihb on October 07, 2008, 12:17:24 PM
Squad
Irish International Rules squad: Seán Cavanagh (Tyrone), Graham Canty (Cork), David Gallagher (Meath), Colm Begley ( Brisbane Lions/Laois), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Benny Coulter (Down), Bryan Cullen (Dublin), Kieran Donaghy (Kerry), Leighton Glynn (Wicklow), Finian Hanley (Galway), John Keane (Westmeath), Aaron Kernan (Armagh), Ciarán Lyng (Wexford), Steven McDonnell (Armagh), Enda McGinley (Tyrone), Ciarán McKeever (Armagh), Joe McMahon (Tyrone), Justin McMahon (Tyrone), Michael Meehan (Galway), John Miskella (Cork), Aidan OMahony (Kerry), Pearse O'Neill (Cork), Tom Parsons (Mayo), Kevin Reilly (Meath), Tommy Walsh (Kerry), Killian Young (Kerry). Standby: Aidan Carr (Down), Ronan Clarke (Armagh), Paul Finlay (Monaghan), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Kevin McCloy (Derry), Martin McGrath (Fermanagh).

I'm thinking the balding Anthony Tohill was very much the junior partner in the selection process.

Good to see Leighton Glynn there - he was outstanding in last year's Tommy Murphy cup final.

I'd agree with the Tohill bit.

How you can leave out Ronan Clarke (Armagh), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Kevin McCloy (Derry) and Martin McGrath (Fermanagh) I'll never understand.

But sending out David Gallagher (Meath), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Leighton Glynn (Wicklow), Finian Hanley (Galway), Ciarán Lyng (Wexford), Michael Meehan (Galway), John Miskella (Cork), Aidan OMahony (Kerry), Tom Parsons (Mayo), Kevin Reilly (Meath) and Tommy Walsh (Kerry) is just crazy.

Bod Mor

Convicts squad named:

The squad is: Nathan Bock (Adelaide), Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs), Jared Brennan (Brisbane Lions), Campbell Brown (Hawthorn), Shaun Burgoyne (Port Adelaide), Matt Campbell (North Melbourne), Ryan Crowley (Fremantle), Michael Firrito (North Melbourne), Nathan Foley (Richmond), Brent Harvey (North Melbourne), Roger Hayden (Fremantle), Leigh Montagna (St Kilda), Daniel Motlop (Port Adelaide), Marc Murphy (Carlton), Michael Osborne (Hawthorn), Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood), Drew Petrie (North Melbourne), David Rodan (Port Adelaide), Max Rooke (Geelong), Brad Sewell (Hawthorn), Kade Simpson (Carlton), Adam Selwood (West Coast), Dale Thomas (Collingwood), Scott Thompson (Adelaide), Daniel Wells (North Melbourne).
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

ykickamoocow

Quote from: Bod Mor on October 08, 2008, 01:55:01 AM
Convicts squad named:

The squad is: Nathan Bock (Adelaide), Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs), Jared Brennan (Brisbane Lions), Campbell Brown (Hawthorn), Shaun Burgoyne (Port Adelaide), Matt Campbell (North Melbourne), Ryan Crowley (Fremantle), Michael Firrito (North Melbourne), Nathan Foley (Richmond), Brent Harvey (North Melbourne), Roger Hayden (Fremantle), Leigh Montagna (St Kilda), Daniel Motlop (Port Adelaide), Marc Murphy (Carlton), Michael Osborne (Hawthorn), Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood), Drew Petrie (North Melbourne), David Rodan (Port Adelaide), Max Rooke (Geelong), Brad Sewell (Hawthorn), Kade Simpson (Carlton), Adam Selwood (West Coast), Dale Thomas (Collingwood), Scott Thompson (Adelaide), Daniel Wells (North Melbourne).

Apsolutely shocking team from a Australian point of view. That would be lucky to be our 5th string international side.

stephenite