Kilmacud 7's

Started by wherefromreferee?, September 10, 2008, 11:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

I get what you mean about a traditional goalkeeper unless of course you have a very versatile one, I thought you meant a goalkeeper in 7s!

Disagree on the talk of tactics not playing a part also, as it is extremely tactical if the team is managed properly!  It is such a fast game that substitutions are made regularly, any man looking like he needs a breather comes straight off with a sub running in, then he can go back on again when ready.  Very exciting to watch anyone who thinks otherwise should watch the highlights on the monday nigth after the 7s at 8.30 on tg4.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Whacker

Any betting for this?

Would fancy St Galls after winning the Castlewelland, Longstone would have something to say about this though if their injuries dont ruin their chances

Our Nail Loney

There was betting up for it last year I will try to do a search about... I had backed St Galls and Moy last year I think

Our Nail Loney

Not having much joy here at all.

If I remember rightly it was Lone Shark who priced it up last year, dunno if anyone would be as brave this year.

I wuoldnt mind backing st galls again...

miss mess

5 of longstone's 10 7's players from last year are injured and wont be playing.

Gold

It's St Gall's to lose. They would be firm favourites id say
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

m@yoman

would anyone have any details on the game times/venues/fixtures for the Intermediate 7's?

If anyone has a website with the info that'd be great...cheers...

milltown row

there was betting for the hurling Sevens two weeks ago so i'd imagine the football is the same. St Galls all went down tonight. if they stay in bed and not drink tonight they should win but i doubt it very much.  :P :P

saffron sam2

Very skinny odds on St. Gall's. My sources say not to touch them.

I was walking my greyhound along Milltown Row one day last week, when the bitch ran off into a nearby ditch. I went in after and was hidden from the road for a few minutes. I overheard a very heated discussion on the road. One man spoke animately in a sort of Gilford / Burren type accent and I couldn't get a word of what he said. The other (who I didn't see either) said something like "Well our Kieran and Kevin won't play either then". By the time I located the dog and got out of the ditch, the two men had disappeared.

Or maybe I dreamt the whole lot.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

they'll be playing, they may be the Mafia but collecting medals are their goals

spiritof91and94

4 time winners Bryansford really going for it - good each way bet at 20/1

fred the red

Will there be any coverage/highlights of this on TV?

milltown row

eamon OHara Plays for the team that came second to St Galls at Castlewellan, they are 10/1 not bad price, although we won handy enough in the final,

spiritof91and94

St Galls beat Bryansford in the play off from their venue - both won their groups, one point in it with St Galls getting a late goal to win.