Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Casey

Who was it that said "put me down for whatever I said last year"?
KERRY 3:7

Kerry Mike

QuoteWould I be right in thinking, seeing it's Tyrone, it adds a little extra spice for the Kerry ones?

Not at all, dont be getting notions about yourself now Ziggy.  

The goal at the start of the year was to put ourselves in a position to be back in the final and we will play whats put in front of us but be it Cork, Mayo or Tyrone all teams will get the same respect from us. The fact that it is Tyrone makes it a tough challenge but no more so than if it was the Dubs or any other team, but a final is a one off and what has come before will have little bearing.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Over the Bar

I have to say the whole aurora is just starting to build in Tyrone, 3 AIFs in 6 years isn't much in Kerry's recent years, but more than almost any other county has experienced in the modern day.

The fact it's Tyrone again makes it special for the Kerry folk as well given that between us we served up the best final for most of a generation in 2005.    I'd have thought that tickets might be easier to come by since the 1st & 2nd AI thing has settled a bit in Tyrone, but by all accounts there's a scramble even in the neutral counties for tickets as the 2 ambassadors of the modern game are playing.   Deadly buzz about the place! 

Are you green yet Tony or puking in your Buckfast bag? ;D

orangeman

What about Ziggy's news ???? See the new thread !

ziggysego

In case you missed it, Stephen O'Neill is back for Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

Brilliant news maybe they will wheel out Canavan too.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Puckoon

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 03, 2008, 11:08:11 PM

Ack no - they want to give you a fighting chance KM.

orangeman

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 03, 2008, 11:08:11 PM

Possibly - but I think Tyrone can beat Kerry without him !  ;)

Jinxy

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 03, 2008, 10:59:44 PM
I have to say the whole aurora is just starting to build in Tyrone, 3 AIFs in 6 years isn't much in Kerry's recent years, but more than almost any other county has experienced in the modern day.

The fact it's Tyrone again makes it special for the Kerry folk as well given that between us we served up the best final for most of a generation in 2005.    I'd have thought that tickets might be easier to come by since the 1st & 2nd AI thing has settled a bit in Tyrone, but by all accounts there's a scramble even in the neutral counties for tickets as the 2 ambassadors of the modern game are playing.   Deadly buzz about the place! 

The wha?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on September 03, 2008, 11:15:19 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on September 03, 2008, 10:59:44 PM

The wha?

The Aurora Borealis, i.e, the Northern Lights!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

JUMBODEMPSEY

Word has it Tom O'Sullivan got injured this morning when he dropped a cup of coffee and damaged his metatarsal after reading steven o'neill was back.....

O'Mahony is also a major doubt amid reports he is aiming to challenge Britain's 14 year old Gold medal hopeful Tom Daley in the 10m Diving event in London 2012.

feetofflames

Advantage Tyrone today but will it be different tomorrow.  I heard Galvin ate a live rabbit at training in an attempt to prove how up for it he is.  Accordingly Gooch likes rabbits and wasnt happy though - Split in the camp perhaps.   
Chief Wiggum

leenie

i really don't know what to make of S.O.N apparently being back? part of me wud love to see grace the feild once more as i think he retired to soon and the other half thinks it's not fair..... we got to the all ireland didn't we, amid all of critics claiming we wouldn't because we didn't have a leader like canavan or a scorer like o neill.... but we proved them wrong..! what will happen will happen and i'll go with whatever mickey and the team decide..... but credit where credits due the current bunch of lads got us here through hard work and determination for which i'm very grateful for!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

tyssam5

Yes! Just got a week off and got flights booked! Can't wait now.