The "Where's the nearest Irish bar to watch the game in......." Topic.

Started by The Gs Man, August 19, 2008, 09:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Heading to Benalmadena in Costa Del Sol on Sunday morning. Any Irish bars showing the football??
Keep 'er lit

Our Nail Loney

Just realising I am heading to ayia napa next wednesday... Therefore gonna miss the tyrone wexford match? Any bars in ayia napa showing it? Think theres an old firm match as well but I am sure that will be on!!

supersarsfields

ONL there's a couple of Irish bars in Ayia Napa tp watch the game. The one we were in to watch the games a couple of years ago was Shamrock Bar.

Now I'm heading away to the Algarve to Praja de Procia (SP). Any ideas for there?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 19, 2008, 11:15:54 AM
ONL there's a couple of Irish bars in Ayia Napa tp watch the game. The one we were in to watch the games a couple of years ago was Shamrock Bar.

Now I'm heading away to the Algarve to Praja de Procia (SP). Any ideas for there?

Praia da Rocha was were I stayed in portugal??

ANyway there will be no prblem for watching matches there, at elast there wasn't when I was there twice, about five and four years ago. Had a choice of bars, cant remember exact names but they are all on te main strip of bars ya can just walk along and pick.

full back

Praia Da Rocha....Is that close to Albufiera?
Any pubs to watch games there?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: full back on August 19, 2008, 11:32:03 AM
Praia Da Rocha....Is that close to Albufiera?
Any pubs to watch games there?

about ten mins or so in a taxi, went to a water park around there i think

not sure about the pubs though, you could just easily jump in a taxi down to PDR

supersarsfields

Nice one ONL. was worried that I mighten get to see the Tyrone Wexford game.

When you heading over FB?

full back

Not heading over till AI weekend....want to watch the game where there will be a bit of craic as I will probably be watching it by myself :-\

Rav67

I always have a look at www.celticbars.com when I'm going abroad if there's a match I want to see.  Gives you a list of bars with Setanta as well that aren't Irish bars but might show the football if you ask them.  All the RTE games seem to be shown on Setanta 2 this season so any half-decent Irish bar should have them on!

bennydorano

Watched a game in Ayia Napa a few years back, think it was O'Rourkes.  Also Man of Aran in Paria da Rocha.  could both be closed now - dont be getting abroad much now with 3 young uns under 5. :(

cavan4ever

Was in PDR last year there are loads of places to watch games.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Rav67 on August 21, 2008, 03:30:51 PM
I always have a look at www.celticbars.com when I'm going abroad if there's a match I want to see.  Gives you a list of bars with Setanta as well that aren't Irish bars but might show the football if you ask them.  All the RTE games seem to be shown on Setanta 2 this season so any half-decent Irish bar should have them on!

Hope you have a list then for ayia napa rav

spiritof91and94

Quote from: bennydorano on August 21, 2008, 03:42:18 PM
Watched a game in Ayia Napa a few years back, think it was O'Rourkes.  Also Man of Aran in Paria da Rocha.  could both be closed now - dont be getting abroad much now with 3 young uns under 5. :(

By a tv then ;D

Rav67

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 21, 2008, 03:49:12 PM

That'll do lad I'll sort out the football and you can just worry about getting there!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Rav67 on August 21, 2008, 05:00:16 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 21, 2008, 03:49:12 PM

That'll do lad I'll sort out the football and you can just worry about getting there!

I'll be there don't worry!! Getting the passport lifted on tuesday I am golden.