Who will the new Dublin Manager be so?

Started by Uladh, August 16, 2008, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tankie on September 04, 2008, 02:51:31 PM
Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on September 04, 2008, 02:30:38 PM
I'm not even goin to elaborate on who should be the next manager....BUT whoever it is they have  a massive job on their hands. In the Quarter-final against Tyrone, the abuse directed at the Tyrone fans was in the category of 'from the queen's land' and British this and that.

The full Tyrone team sang the National Anthem in full Irish voice.... Few of the Dublin team sang it and in one instance one of the 'players' was seen to YAWN in the middle of it..What would happen if a Chinese athlete did that during the Beijing Olympics?? Hung up by the short and curlies....

Not only does the next Dublin manager need a new set of players, he(or she..ye never know these days)  needs to start from the foundations and restore National Pride back in the Dublin team before Dublin Pride..

We all still love giving the Dubs a good oul humping though....

::) a bit more original please if your trying to start shite!

go back to the soccer boards as you will find that thype of WUM works better there!
who would you want as manager tankie?

heffo

Whatever you fantasise about in your own home is your own business, but leave the gayness out of it please  ;)

JUMBODEMPSEY

Starting nothing....

When playing THE NATIONAL GAME  and a player doesn't even have the manners to respect the National Anthem its a sorry state of affairs...  It actually bores him... I'd cite that as being worse than O'Mahoney by along long way.

Should never be allowed to wear the Dublin shirt again....

JUMBODEMPSEY

By the way were you saying for me to go back to the soccer or MARK YAWN???

his holiness nb

In the Quarter-final against Tyrone, the abuse directed at the Tyrone fans was in the category of 'from the queen's land' and British this and that.

I'd be curious to see if any of our long standing Tyrone posters (confirmed non wums) could perhaps back that up?
I heard nothing but praise between both sets of fans after the game in the stadium, and on here later.

Few of the Dublin team sang it and in one instance one of the 'players' was seen to YAWN in the middle of it..

Ah for f**k sake  :D :D

Care to comment on Tyrone fans singing to the tune of a well know and convicted paedophile?
Easy to be silly eh  ;)

Ask me holy bollix

screenexile

Back on track anyway what is the craic with getting Mullins in? He was clean useless when he took us. I know he was a great but he's not much of a personality and I think he even put Derry back in his time with us. Actually yeah maybe the Dubs should go for Mullins. What would the chances be of hounding out a Dub legend the way they did Lyons though?

Buttofthehill

I'm not even goin to elaborate on who should be the next manager....BUT whoever it is they have  a massive job on their hands. In the Quarter-final against Tyrone, the abuse directed at the Tyrone fans was in the category of 'from the queen's land' and British this and that.

The full Tyrone team sang the National Anthem in full Irish voice.... Few of the Dublin team sang it and in one instance one of the 'players' was seen to YAWN in the middle of it..What would happen if a Chinese athlete did that during the Beijing Olympics?? Hung up by the short and curlies....

Not only does the next Dublin manager need a new set of players, he(or she..ye never know these days)  needs to start from the foundations and restore National Pride back in the Dublin team before Dublin Pride..

Yeah, that had loads to do with how well Dublin played that day...The reason Mossie overshot his pass to Connolly was because he didnt know the words to the National Anthem.

heffo

Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on September 04, 2008, 02:59:52 PM
Starting nothing....

When playing THE NATIONAL GAME  and a player doesn't even have the manners to respect the National Anthem its a sorry state of affairs...  It actually bores him... I'd cite that as being worse than O'Mahoney by along long way.

Should never be allowed to wear the Dublin shirt again....

Good man Jumbo. Keep talking sense.

leenie

charlie redmond........(i shudder)
though he might not be any good seeing as he has trouble with the "sun gettin in his eyes, when it comes to seeing referees decisions"! ::)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2008, 03:16:08 PM
What would the chances be of hounding out a Dub legend the way they did Lyons though?

There aren't a whole lot of alternatives out there - no one with real experience in the county - any of the six figure a year boys worth getting in have ruled themselves out..

I'd hardly call Lyons a Dublin legend - he was the architect of his own downfall.

heffo

Quote from: leenie on September 04, 2008, 03:21:39 PM
charlie redmond........(i shudder)
though he might not be any good seeing as he has trouble with the "sun gettin in his eyes, when it comes to seeing referees decisions"! ::)

There's more chance of me getting the job, than Charlie.

screenexile

Quote from: heffo on September 04, 2008, 03:24:35 PM
What would the chances be of hounding out a Dub legend the way they did Lyons though?

There aren't a whole lot of alternatives out there - no one with real experience in the county - any of the six figure a year boys worth getting in have ruled themselves out..

I'd hardly call Lyons a Dublin legend - he was the architect of his own downfall.

I wasn't calling Lyons a Dublin legend it's just I don't see a Dub legend like Mullins getting hounded out like Lyons did if he did take the job and make a hash of it.

JUMBODEMPSEY

If a player disrespecting the National Anthem is OK with the Dubs then its easy to see why success is very difficult to come by...

One of the things to be a member of the Tyrone squad is knowing the Anthem and respecting it.

Your right...i'd say Vaughan knew the words when the England rugby team sang there song.

heffo

Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2008, 03:26:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on September 04, 2008, 03:24:35 PM

I wasn't calling Lyons a Dublin legend it's just I don't see a Dub legend like Mullins getting hounded out like Lyons did if he did take the job and make a hash of it.

I don't think anyone who makes an honest stab at it would be hounded out - Lyons was (despite certain buddies of his in the media trying to defend him) because he (allegedly) upset too many people involved and he ultimatly failed - Pillar ultimatly fell short too, but had a decent way about him and didn't act the bollox..

heffo

Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on September 04, 2008, 03:29:25 PM
If a player disrespecting the National Anthem is OK with the Dubs then its easy to see why success is very difficult to come by...

One of the things to be a member of the Tyrone squad is knowing the Anthem and respecting it.

Your right...i'd say Vaughan knew the words when the England rugby team sang there song.

Troll.