Kings of Leon

Started by The Gs Man, August 14, 2008, 10:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolloutking

Says standing tickets for Belfast are sold out

The w naks must have put them on sale a day early

Puckoon

Bit if time on my hands this evening, and listened to some of these dudes. Hardly spectacular, unless Im listening to the wrong stuff. Just you tubed them. Nothing to write home about.

Goats Do Shave

Kings of Leon are first class... keep listening, some of their tracks are growers!

Then when you see them live you'll love them! - They are the one band that is totally different in my eyes, I love them!

I'll be standing.... doing the stupid funky dancing!  ;D

...On the hotel front, the Days hotel is quite handy to the city centre & is usually the ceapest I think!

hitzelsperger

Quote from: Puckoon on August 15, 2008, 06:00:02 AM
Bit if time on my hands this evening, and listened to some of these dudes. Hardly spectacular, unless Im listening to the wrong stuff. Just you tubed them. Nothing to write home about.

Surely your kidding Puck. KOL are brilliant!

rolloutking

I bought 2 tickets this morning and I clicked on STANDING in the sections bit. Then when I get the receipt it says

STAND     row 241          seats 6 & 7

Wtf that about. Does that mean I actaully have seated tickets instead of standing ones?

The Gs Man

Nah, don't panic.  it's just how they allocate standing tickets.  Health and Safety reasons.  Although, if you'd like to swap for seats, I'd be more than happy to oblige.....
Keep 'er lit

Mayo4Sam

Anyone else hear that U2 are supporting them?

Apparently KoL have supported U2 in the past

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

bredaghgael86

Without suggesting ebay, any idea where i could touch for 2 tickets for the belfast show next week? saw them in newcastle on thursday and they were amazing, want to go at home now.

The Gs Man

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 08, 2008, 10:21:13 AM
Anyone else hear that U2 are supporting them?

Apparently KoL have supported U2 in the past

Got your figures wrong there Sam.  It's M83 supporting.
Keep 'er lit

Mayo4Sam

Only telling u what the rumour is, and it seems to be pretty widespread
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

The Gs Man

Done a bit of googling and it seems you could be right there Sam!   :o Nice one!

Although it looks like they may only do a song or two rather than a full set.  Plus, its only in Dublin, and Im heading to the Belfast gig.  Would be pretty cool all the same.
Keep 'er lit

Jimmy

Anyone at the gig on Saturday night. I thought they were excellent. Being sort of a late comer to the Kings of leon wasn't to sure of all the early stuff but it was the best concert I've been to in a long time.

Anyone else notice Matthew (lead guitarist I think) light up a fag. Thought that was quite funny.

The Gs Man

Goddamn!!!  That gig wiped the floor with the recent Oasis gig.

They were immense.  One of the best gigs I've been to in ages.
Keep 'er lit

the milkman

Quote from: hardstation on December 21, 2008, 10:51:29 PM
Brother was at it. Probably bought the ticket from the money he got from selling my ipod.
He had a seating ticket, on his own but blagged his way into the standing area.

He said it was brilliant. That doesn't bring my ipod back.

Who gives a frick about your i pod??!!!

zuke

The Gs Man

Funny enough, I swapped a standing ticket with some fella for an ipod.  Good deal, but I had to delete all the Daniel O'Donnell, Dickie Rock and Rev Willie McCrea stuff off it.

Keep 'er lit