Has this Arma Team found their level?

Started by In the Onion Bag, August 09, 2008, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cool

Quote from: SCENTOFSAM on August 09, 2008, 08:41:39 PM

Talking about worst game in Croke Park. The greatest humiliation in history for an Ulster team. September 1977

1977 doesn't count. It was before football was invented.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

SCENTOFSAM

pintsofguinness

QuoteNo but it seems to come from a man whose county were represeted by the winning team in the two of the best games in modern football Down v Derry 1994 & Down v Tyrone 2008.

Are Down really reduced to talking about good games they've played in? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

In the Onion Bag

Awe Com'om lads and lassies, This in not meant to be a slag off Arma thread.  Let s return to the original question.  Was there an Ai in the 2008 Arma team or were they just kidding themselves?

ONeill

There was never an All-Ireland in Armagh this year. 2005 was their last hurrah in terms of landing Sam. Francie has now contributed heavily to Armagh's most recent quarter finals losses, although shadowing Donaghy (06) and Forde (08) was a mighty task. You could also add O'Neill (05) to that. His cult status even affected the Armagh management.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

In the Onion Bag

From BBC Web

"Wexford had the temerity to move into the lead on the half-hour thanks to their first score from play as PJ Banville pointed.
The Armagh performance didn't improve after half-time with Wexford moving into a 0-8 to 0-7 lead after 49 minute."

Who would belive it?

Colonel Cool

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

From the Bunker

Armagh have proven to be one of the Best teams of the past 10 years. The back door did Armagh no favours and surely if the old system was still there they would have won more titles. Unlike Kerry and Cork who have a cosy arrangement which sees them every year in the last 12, Armagh has to slug it out in Ulster with 3/4 games before they reach the last 12. Well done Armagh for setting standards of consistently being at the top table for the last number of years.

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 09, 2008, 08:47:35 PM
QuoteNo but it seems to come from a man whose county were represeted by the winning team in the two of the best games in modern football Down v Derry 1994 & Down v Tyrone 2008.

And your point is?

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 09, 2008, 10:29:05 PM
Armagh have proven to be one of the Best teams of the past 10 years. The back door did Armagh no favours and surely if the old system was still there they would have won more titles. Unlike Kerry and Cork who have a cosy arrangement which sees them every year in the last 12, Armagh has to slug it out in Ulster with 3/4 games before they reach the last 12. Well done Armagh for setting standards of consistently being at the top table for the last number of years.

Forgive me but I remember Big Joe deliberately choosing the back door one year and it failed. 
"Best team in the past 10 years". Where do you get that from?  I would say Arma have been one of the best also-rans in the past 10y.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: SCENTOFSAM on August 09, 2008, 10:32:46 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 09, 2008, 08:47:35 PM

And your point is?
That Down are so poor they are reduced to talking about good games of football they played in (one of them 14 years ago)  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

A Wexford fan starts this nthread you would have to grin and accept it, a Tyrone man you would consider a sly dig but you would let them away with it, but a bunch of Down men on here slagging is incredible.

JMohan

Armagh were not good enough to win this year

They have got it wrong with the style - they lack pace enough to win.
I think they are very close though - just two positions needed changing - 2 faster wing backs are needed - and drop one of the two O'Rourkes - they are both carrying weight in the ar*e.

Armagh have enough good forwards to beat anyone - they lack speed enough - tho the new corner back and MAllon added that.
Bringing McNulty on was a BAD mistake - what kind of a message does that give out?

So 09 .... Peter ... here's the instructions

- Get two faster wing backs
- Move Aaron to the half foward line
- Drop one or both O'Rourkes
- Loose the Mullaghbawn bias
- Inject some speed into the team

Any more help wanted just ask

In the Onion Bag

Come on now lads.  You are allowing this thread to degenerate.  Can't understand why are Down are featuring so much in the replies, the thread isn't about Down.  Instead it is meant to stimulate serious comment on whether the 2008 Arma team had an AI in them or note or did they just have a bad day at the office today?.  What might have been had they won today?

Don't let those Down bards get to you - lets have some serious discussion here.  To get back to serious discussion, was Francie's ineptitude against a superior footballer exposed today? 

full back

Quote from: JMohan on August 09, 2008, 10:51:40 PM
Armagh were not good enough to win this year

They have got it wrong with the style - they lack pace enough to win.
I think they are very close though - just two positions needed changing - 2 faster wing backs are needed - and drop one of the two O'Rourkes - they are both carrying weight in the ar*e.

Armagh have enough good forwards to beat anyone - they lack speed enough - tho the new corner back and MAllon added that.
Bringing McNulty on was a BAD mistake - what kind of a message does that give out?

So 09 .... Peter ... here's the instructions

- Get two faster wing backs
- Move Aaron to the half foward line
- Drop one or both O'Rourkes
- Loose the Mullaghbawn bias

- Inject some speed into the team

Any more help wanted just ask

Are you a WUM
MOR was one of our best players today

What is this Mullaghbawn bias you speak of, because I have no idea what you are on about ???