Tractors on main roads

Started by maggie, August 01, 2008, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Dunno if its been mentioned before- know they have to use the main roads but still, even when its pi**ing it down like today, still 3 of them on a 5 mile stretch of road. FFS >:(

TacadoirArdMhacha

Farmer's have a days work to do as well but ya need to show a bit of courtesy and pull in every so often.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the Deel Rover

aye and farmers pay their road tax as well don't they ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

screenexile

Feckin farming bastards... I'm likely to get stuck behind 3 on the way to work and 3 on the way home... why can't they wait until 9 and 6 to do their runs? I've seen some maniac manouevres on the way to work and while these hot headed wankers have to be condemned the Tractor's also have to take their fair share of the blame!

Tony Baloney

Agreed - I travel the main Armagh to Portadown Road every day for work and even though there is a hard-shoulder affair the entire length of the road they still refuse to pull over.  They need to have the courtesy to let people pass that are doing a proper days work  ;)

Yes I Would

Try the Newry to Hilltown Road someday, anyday, any time of day, and yous will know all about it!!

ONeill

Sometimes I borrow the tractor from home and just drive around Armagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

20leg-end08

Quote from: ONeill on August 01, 2008, 07:50:21 PM
Sometimes I borrow the tractor from home and just drive around Armagh.

;D :D
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on August 01, 2008, 04:41:28 PM
Feckin farming b**tards... I'm likely to get stuck behind 3 on the way to work and 3 on the way home... why can't they wait until 9 and 6 to do their runs? I've seen some maniac manouevres on the way to work and while these hot headed w**kers have to be condemned the Tractor's also have to take their fair share of the blame!

Why can't you go to work an hour earlier and leave an hour later?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Back in my farming days I used to always pull onto the shoulder, or if on a back road, a suitable entrance or gap, to let cars pass. Most farmers around the area I'm from do the same. Not being the most patient driver it drives me mad when tractor drivers pass up opportunities to allow people to pass them. If they've a load on, fair enough, but there's no excuse for some boy with just a linkbox or a haybob on the back holding people up for more than a couple of minutes.

ExiledGael

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on August 01, 2008, 09:06:04 PM
but there's no excuse for some boy with just a linkbox or a haybob on the back holding people up for more than a couple of minutes.

Jaysis you'll really confuse the Dubs on the board with that...I remember a few months back they were lost as to what a round baler was!  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maguire01

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 01, 2008, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 01, 2008, 04:41:28 PM
Feckin farming b**tards... I'm likely to get stuck behind 3 on the way to work and 3 on the way home... why can't they wait until 9 and 6 to do their runs? I've seen some maniac manouevres on the way to work and while these hot headed w**kers have to be condemned the Tractor's also have to take their fair share of the blame!

Why can't you go to work an hour earlier and leave an hour later?
Eh, probably because most people can't dictate their working hours, unlike the farmers.
Yes, it's extremely annoying when they refuse to pull in.

balladmaker

Tractors should not be allowed on main roads during rush hour....say 7 to 9 each morning and 4 to 6 each evening.  There was one on the road between Moira and Nutts Corner (one of the main routes to Belfast International Airport) the other morning at 8am, the queue behind it must have been a couple of miles long!  Is it any wonder people get frustrated and cause crashes when trying to over take!

youngfella

I;d love to drive around the city with a tractor with a good leaky muck spreader to sicken the city folk
Pull hard and early