3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Aye minder I would say I'm in no rush to get the 3gs at all really and would hope that there might be something better in the coming months. If not, the lower tarriff sounds good.

A friend of mine has his iPhone jailbroken. Do any of you? He says that it is very easy for him to reset it if anything goes wrong and it wouldn affect his warrenty as apple couldn't tell it was ever jailbroken. Bullshit?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: lurganblue on December 20, 2009, 04:57:01 PM
Aye minder I would say I'm in no rush to get the 3gs at all really and would hope that there might be something better in the coming months. If not, the lower tarriff sounds good.

A friend of mine has his iPhone jailbroken. Do any of you? He says that it is very easy for him to reset it if anything goes wrong and it wouldn affect his warrenty as apple couldn't tell it was ever jailbroken. Bullshit?

I did it on my new iphone. There is only one app that can do it on the most recent software at the moment and that is blackra1n. I'd do a full back up of your phone before trying just in case and don't worry, if it doesn't work you can re-install the original software through itunes.

I did it like following...

- Download Blackra1n (http://blackra1n.com/)
- Turn off autosync in itunes
- enable airplane mode in phone
- Do ctrl alt delete on pc, go into processes and cancel anything with itunes or apple in it.
- plug iphone into pc and run blackrain
- click "make it rain"
- a new app will show in your iphone
- inside you'l have option to install snow - do it and heh presto, phone is unlocked.
- restore network settings on phone and turn off airplane mode and you are good to go with any sim and good to go to download cydia and buy your apps cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/11/jailbreak-unlock-iphone-3g-3gs-3-1-2-with-blackra1n/

muppet

Quote from: Minder on December 20, 2009, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 20, 2009, 11:36:59 AM
Have had the iphone for near a month now and am pretty underwhelmed with it to be honest, am I the only one disappointed in it??

Yes

Yes +1
MWWSI 2017

doirebhoy

vodafone released tarriffs - unlimited texts - will 02 follow suit???

The Real Laoislad

The Apps icon/button is no longer on my iPhone WTF ??
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

Turn the phone off completly if that dosen't work them you will have to rebot it..same happen me few weeks ago..make sure everyhing is saved 1st

Mhic Easmuint

Just got he 3GS 32GB ordered to arrive on Christmas Eve.

kumquat

Hi all, My Iphone has stopped sending mms, the progress bar stops near the end and up comes the !. Also wen I recieve a mms I have to view it through the o2 website by logging in. I have googled and can find no remedy. Is anyone else having this problem? And if anyone had it and fixed it can they let me know how to do it.   ??? ??? >:(
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: kumquat on December 30, 2009, 09:59:21 AM
Hi all, My Iphone has stopped sending mms, the progress bar stops near the end and up comes the !. Also wen I recieve a mms I have to view it through the o2 website by logging in. I have googled and can find no remedy. Is anyone else having this problem? And if anyone had it and fixed it can they let me know how to do it.   ??? ??? >:(

Back it up on itunes and then do a full restore and see if that fixes things.

screenexile

Quote from: kumquat on December 30, 2009, 09:59:21 AM

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/mms.html

Candyman

text WAP to 1010 and wait on the reply

kumquat

Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Treasurer

Mine decided it didn't like some websites (including this one and the rte site for example) and I keep getting "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found" - if I keep at it, the page eventually loads but it's a pain.  Most sites working perfectly.  I reset everything, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Candyman

have u got a 3G or 3GS?

Puckoon

Quote from: Treasurer on December 31, 2009, 02:20:43 AM
Mine decided it didn't like some websites (including this one and the rte site for example) and I keep getting "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found" - if I keep at it, the page eventually loads but it's a pain.  Most sites working perfectly.  I reset everything, but to no avail. Any ideas?

My internet initially stopped working after a day- and so I took the phone to the apple store and the guy did something and it worked again.

Helpfull, I know.