Car finance question

Started by girt_giggler, July 11, 2008, 10:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

I currently have a car financed through a car dealer & am thinking about changing sometime soon.  If I wish to purchase my new car through a different dealer can I simply just hand the car back to my current dealer & that's the end of that or will there still need to be a payment made on the original finance deal before I would start a new deal on a different car & dealer?

Any advice?

bennydorano

Maybe financed through a dealer as in he set it up but it's more than likely financed by NIIB (arm of BOI)or the like, deal with them not the dealer regarding finance, contact details and ref number should be on your credit agreement. 

T Fearon

Simple here. You trade your old car in, with any dealer, and either you or they will acquire a settlement figure on your current loan, and this will simply be added into the finance package offered by your new dealer.

However advice from one who in a previous life worked as an accountant in a major car dealership. Organise your own car purchase finance via a bank loan or other source. The commissions car dealerships make via their own or parther financiers, in terms of car loans, are huge, all paid for of course by the car purchaser. ie in this case you.

lynchbhoy

ask tony to 'win one' for you !
;)