The Greatest Dirtiest Football Team

Started by Maximus Marillius, July 10, 2008, 01:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: moysider on July 16, 2008, 10:24:32 PM
[
The current Knockmore boss would make most of those listed above look like choir boys. He played county underage and 2 of his brothers[ both skilled in the darker arts also]played for a variety of counties. Does he qualify? Then there was Mick Morris of Hollymount who played over40s recently and managed them. All I can say about him is Mother Of God between us and all harm.

Quote from: stephenite on July 17, 2008, 01:07:16 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 16, 2008, 10:24:32 PM
The current Knockmore boss would make most of those listed above look like choir boys.

From personal experience - I'll second that, and this was later in his career. Lads reckoned I was at least 4 feet off the ground, and horizontal after that particular 'shoulder' from behind.

I heard Rambo was some man in his day alright! Did you get your free Stephenite?!

Mike Morris I saw in action - himself and Dempsey used to hop off each other, some battles on the edge of the square. There'd be a few more Hollies in the 'dangerous' category too.
Gillespie from Lahardane is another player who you'd have to be careful where you stepped. And as for a trip to Tourmakeady! You'd want American Football padding some days! And that's still the case
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

joemamas

without knowing who it is , sound like a very cheap shot.

the same club have not won a senior county title in how long. that crap catches up with you eventually.

stephenite

The free was awarded but I was 'helped' off the pitch - it probably looked worse than it was and in fairness to the man he came over to me after the game and shook hands, North Mayo Junior football was always a bit on the rough side and what I got probably wasn't as bad as some I've seen, just felt like it!

There were some big hits whenever Knockmore and Hollymount went at it in the early-mid '90s, and that was just in the stand!! :D

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: stephenite on July 17, 2008, 02:22:45 AM
The free was awarded but I was 'helped' off the pitch - it probably looked worse than it was and in fairness to the man he came over to me after the game and shook hands, North Mayo Junior football was always a bit on the rough side and what I got probably wasn't as bad as some I've seen, just felt like it!

There were some big hits whenever Knockmore and Hollymount went at it in the early-mid '90s, and that was just in the stand!! :D

Junior can be some rough ride alright!
Heard a good story once involving yer Juniors Stephenite, ya might have heard it yourself. I wasn't at the game but heard this from several who were, including the guilty party. Ye were playing against Parke in Parke and Parke had a young enough team. A well known Stephenite veteran was giving the younger lads plenty of it, 'welcome to adult football lads' type of stuff.
Anyway Parke had a hatchet man on the bench who had enough of this and asked to be let on. So on he goes, gives the slip to the ref, runs over to the Stephenite veteran and smacks him one right in the puss. The referee calls him back before a riot starts, and promtly sends him off. Off he runs on the far side of the pitch, having not lasted thirty seconds.
He makes the boast that he has the record for quickest sending off! Not sure if I'd be boasting about that one! Only in Junior football though!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Niall Quinn

Is there anyone that qualifies for all of these select teams? i.e. a bearded, ginger, bald, dirty, irish-speaking farmer, with nice legs and a propensity to choke?
If there is I bet he's single.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad