Sigerson/Ryan Cup 2009 (whos going where?)

Started by groundlie, July 09, 2008, 11:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Heard yer man Murphy from Donegal was bound for the ranch until he failed the leaving cert.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Sure it doesn't matter cuz the freshers cant play sigerson now anyway!!

Old Bill

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on October 02, 2008, 07:08:11 PM
Sure it doesn't matter cuz the freshers cant play sigerson now anyway!!
wrong, that rule only refers to the larger colleges like UUJ and QUB. The ranch could hardly field teams at sigerson and seconds level without freshers.

magpie seanie

Are you sure of that Old Bill? Will Sligo IT be able to play freshers in Sigerson? Its just that there are a few Sligo u-21's starting there this year and I would like to see how they would develop with the Sigerson panel.

ExiledGael

Old Bill

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 02, 2008, 09:15:10 PM
Are you sure of that Old Bill? Will Sligo IT be able to play freshers in Sigerson? Its just that there are a few Sligo u-21's starting there this year and I would like to see how they would develop with the Sigerson panel.
I have seen this in the paper.  Would hardly be fair on the smaller colleges to ban freshers from playin senior would it?

stiffler

Quote from: Old Bill on October 02, 2008, 10:00:17 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 02, 2008, 09:15:10 PM
I have seen this in the paper.  Would hardly be fair on the smaller colleges to ban freshers from playin senior would it?

Should it not be the same rule for all teams participating?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Old Bill

Think it was an article in this weeks gaelic life.  I could be mistaken.  It is my belief that there is a limit on the amount of years that a post grad student can play for.

Rav67

Quote from: Old Bill on October 02, 2008, 11:03:15 PM
Think it was an article in this weeks gaelic life.  I could be mistaken.  It is my belief that there is a limit on the amount of years that a post grad student can play for.

Jim McGuinness was considering enrolling again this year till he heard

Zulu

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 02, 2008, 09:26:43 PM
Where's the weekend being held this year?

It's on in CIT and the fresher rule is a bit complicated. As far as I know all colleges are debarred from playing freshers in the Sigerson but you can apply for exemptions which will be granted to colleges who couldn't field a team otherwise.

Old Bill

Quote from: Zulu on October 02, 2008, 11:08:08 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on October 02, 2008, 09:26:43 PM
Where's the weekend being held this year?

It's on in CIT and the fresher rule is a bit complicated. As far as I know all colleges are debarred from playing freshers in the Sigerson but you can apply for exemptions which will be granted to colleges who couldn't field a team otherwise.
For the likes of the ranch maybe..

magpie seanie

Quotecolleges who couldn't field a team otherwise

Murky waters there....

Owenmoresider

Probably applies across the board, isn't necessarily going to destroy too many colleges, but as Seanie said it'd be no harm to see some of the younger lads progress, freshers won't do that too much IMO. And the IT's glory days are gone now so there won't be too many more Sigerson weekends for the Ballinode crew to look forward to.

Rolling stone

Queens looking good as they have most of their team from last year, a very strong defence.

Can't see jtown being as strong as there loosing most of the team

bennydorano

Queens bt UUJ 0-13 to 0-9 in Casement last night according to Irish News with Charlie Vernon giving a MOTM performance, any reports?