Marc Wilson signs new deal at Portsmouth

Started by The Gs Man, July 09, 2008, 01:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7495560.stm

QuotePortsmouth utility player Marc Wilson has signed a new three-year deal with the club.

The 20-year-old Irishman is yet to appear for the Pompey first team, but has enjoyed loan spells at Luton, Bournemouth and Yeovil.

Wilson started life as a midfielder, but has recently converted into a central defender.

Wilson said: "The plan is to push on and break into the first team. I'd love to play European football."

Good to see!  That'll mean GAAboard member "The Watcher Pat" will be well set for Premiership tickets next year......
Keep 'er lit

Mickey Linden

Fair play to him, would love to see him do well! Second best primary school footballer ever in aghagallon!

The Gs Man

Judging by Stiffler's indoor soccer skills, he couldn't be classed as the best.  My brother-in-law must have been the best cos it certainly wasn't you or The Watcher Pat.
Keep 'er lit

the milkman

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 09, 2008, 03:20:24 PM
Judging by Stiffler's indoor soccer skills, he couldn't be classed as the best.  My brother-in-law must have been the best cos it certainly wasn't you or The Watcher Pat.

Thats a bit harsh on Stiffler there, dont forget he had a bad ankle  :)

stiffler

Quote from: the milkman on July 09, 2008, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on July 09, 2008, 03:20:24 PM

Thats a bit harsh on Stiffler there, dont forget he had a bad ankle  :)

True Milkman, I taught Marc everything he knew down in Starks Park!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009