Leinster final Wexford v Dublin

Started by boro, July 04, 2008, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: boro on July 04, 2008, 11:18:47 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 04, 2008, 11:09:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2008, 11:05:08 PM
Aye, cos winning Leinster has been the key to your success! Will Pillar ever learn?

I'll text him and tell him some expert from Tyrone reckons Dublin shouldn't compete in Leinster anymore. Stick your house on the Dubs for Sam '09.

How about you take o'neills advice and go the qaulifier route. Let us win Leinster and ye can have sam :)

Well if ye do win, no one could begrudge ye as Ryan has been a revelation and has Wexford playing great stuff!

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 04, 2008, 11:21:44 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 04, 2008, 11:09:21 PM
Stick your house on the Dubs for Sam '09.

Are you still in that hovel on the banks of the Liffey?  ;)

Aye, still in 'thon' shack - the one with the tin roof.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on July 04, 2008, 11:27:16 PM

Oops! Sorry! I'll try not to set it on fire any more then.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 04, 2008, 11:34:01 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 04, 2008, 11:27:16 PM

Oops! Sorry! I'll try not to set it on fire any more then.

At least try to try, at the very least.

HowdyDoody

not like the ballycoleman big man

Hound

Any word on Bernard Brogan's injury?

I presume Casey will come straight in for Moran. Griffin will make his first appearance of the year at some stage.

No idea what Pillar will do with his midfield. Flynn will probably be dropped given the Westmeath game bypassed him, so perhaps he could play Ryan at 10, though on the other hand it'd be no bad thing having a Fennell or Whelan in reserve.  Connolly will be 12 if Brogan doesn't make it, but if he does, Pillar may consider playing Keaney at 10 and Connolly at 14. Quinn was poor the last day, but Vaughan didnt do enough when he came on to force a change, though I'd be happy if Pillar did change it.

INDIANA

I imagine casey will be in for Moran. Connolly will probably start ahead of Flynn, may shift Keaney to 10. Whelan instead of Fennell and I don't know who will start at 12 , I heard Brogan is out. but he is highly unlikely to play all 3 midfielders.

Rigsby

heffo

downredblack

INDIANA

He's having a scan today..

why did it take them so long? if i rang up for an MRI i'd get one within 48 hrs, you'd have thought he'd have been able to get one quicker than 8 days. When a hamstring goes at full tilt its probably a tear. Unless its 100% he won't start against Wexford or so I'm told as they don't want to jeopardise his participation later on in the championship.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on July 07, 2008, 10:22:15 AM
He's having a scan today..

why did it take them so long? if i rang up for an MRI i'd get one within 48 hrs, you'd have thought he'd have been able to get one quicker than 8 days. When a hamstring goes at full tilt its probably a tear. Unless its 100% he won't start against Wexford or so I'm told as they don't want to jeopardise his participation later on in the championship.

Not sure why it took so long - can't see him being risked...

Rigsby

He'll only be risked if the injury isn't as bad as it looked... but considering how sharp he pulled up I'd say he's out and out for quite a while.

his holiness nb

Should be a cracker with 2 teams who play open attacking football. I still reckon the Dubs will win by a few, but couldnt begrudge Wexford a victory if they do it, they have given most Dubs a big smile this year v Meath!
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: INDIANA on July 07, 2008, 09:05:27 AM
I imagine casey will be in for Moran. Connolly will probably start ahead of Flynn, may shift Keaney to 10. Whelan instead of Fennell and I don't know who will start at 12 , I heard Brogan is out. but he is highly unlikely to play all 3 midfielders.
I'd start Fennell we need to develop options in the middle of the park
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.