Previous topic - Next topic

Your club or your county to win the All-Ireland

Club
62 (72.1%)
County
24 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 86

RedandGreenSniper

Okay you're a choice between your club winning the All-Ireland Senior Club title or your county winning the All-Ireland Senior title. Which do you go for? Doesn't matter if your club is Junior and unlikely to ever get senior or if you're from Carlow, indulge yourself in some dreaming.

My club have never won a county senior title so winning an All-Ireland would be the stuff of dreams but Mayo have been so close too many times for that All-Ireland not to mean more.

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

galwayman

While I'm a big Galway supporter, I would choose club every time. My own club are not likely to ever win the senior championship mind you - we are far away from even competing at that level at the moment I'm afraid. I'd choose the club winning the championship this year over Galway winning the All Ireland definitely.
It would probably have been much closer pre-1998 I will admit!!

stpauls

my county has already won an all-ireland and i was there to witness it, so i am satisfied on that front, so for me at the minute, i would take the club winning an all-ireland championship as my preference in this one!!

in fact, winning the county junior championship this year would certainly make it a year to remember!!!

ziggysego

My club won the All Ireland Junior Club Championship last year. That wildly surpassed the county winning the All Ireland.
Testing Accessibility

bingobus

My Under 12's won their first ever game last night at any age group. It puts them into the shield final. I was delighted for them, as they have come on leaps and bounds all year and where unlucky not to win a game before this.

That give me as good a buzz as I've ever got from the County winning anything.

Of course, the win was down to shred management and key switches but sure I let them take the glory  ;)  ;D

SLIGONIAN

I think its circmstancial which you prefer to win, I woud prefer my county to win all ireland to be honest. My club st molaise gaels is relatively new and amalgamation of 3 bitter rivals when I was underage. Of Cliffoney, grange and maugherow, we are a bit like spain (basque,spanish and catalans) ;D. Not quite united yet but getting there. If Cliffoney was a club on its own i would probably prefer club to county. But now it defo county for me at this moment.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ludermor

Your avatar is a bit dated Sligoian  ;)

small white mayoman

he probably has another 10 days to enjoy the avatar
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ludermor on July 02, 2008, 12:15:27 PM
Your avatar is a bit dated Sligoian  ;)

I know, im changing it today to something a bit more about where the county is now :'(...let me know what yee think ;) when yee see it. I always appreciate a mayomans opinion.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Zapatista

Does this come up every year? After my club recently won their first County Championship I'd rather see my Club win another County Championship than County win another All Ireland.

corn02

Treasurer

amallon

Either would be great but the club would be something even more special.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

st pauls mcgrath

winning it with the club, dont think it could get much better than winning it with friends and family
Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god