Paul Galvin- referee' notebook - is this something you've always wanted to do ?

Started by orangeman, June 15, 2008, 06:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unforgiven

Absolute disgraceful behaviour from Galvin.  I hope he is suitably punished.  They should throw the book at him :D

Mike Sheehy

Well, there is an upside to this as it will, no doubt, induce the seige mentality we need. Theres nothing like the auld "everybody-hates-us-but f**k-em" mentality to get a side fired up.

I didnt see the game but if it is as described by magickingdom and SuperDooperCooper then the villification of Paul Galvin has reached new heights. His reaction was stupid but if you have officials who and going to give you yellows for nothing based on your "reputation" then you have to expect some reaction.

goh4205

Galvin is a dirt fecker & a coward to boot.  I seen him at his antics against armagh back in 06 in croker, his tatics that day espically on McGeeney were a disgrace. He then tired to phyiscally remove the armagh bottle carrier and got sent of for that & a couple of nice shinners to go along with it, bet he doesn't try that on anyone again.

what go around comes around :D :D :D

armaghniac

Quotethen you have to expect some reaction.

No you don't. The man is the captain of the team, the ref attends to sending off. He can appeal it afterwards or whatever instead of acting the buck eejit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

There's a side to Galvin that's not particularly likeable. Today's petulance shows a lack of class, no matter the reason.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

groundlie

Quote from: hardstation on June 15, 2008, 10:56:03 PM
So, Paddy Russell makes a bad decision (in your opinion) and you reckon that he shouldn't have a whistle near his mouth again but Galvin acts the d*ck and we shouldn't slate him for it?

Hardstation catch a grip kid. Paul Galvin will know that he stepped over the line today and from what I am lead to believe he was very hard done by. So an armchair mouth like yourself calling him a 'di*ck' is completely out of order. He is one of the most dedicated players in the game and just because an official made a terrible mistake doesn't mean he should just take it on the chin.

Fair play PG

Mike Sheehy

QuoteGalvin is a dirt fecker & a coward to boot.  I seen him at his antics against armagh back in 06 in croker, his tatics that day espically on McGeeney were a disgrace. He then tired to phyiscally remove the armagh bottle carrier and got sent of for that & a couple of nice shinners to go along with it, bet he doesn't try that on anyone again.

what go around comes around   

blah, blah..another Armagh one whinging about not getting their schoolyard bully way. For too long you bies had been throwing ye're weight about so dont be whinging when someone else puts ye on ye're arse.

Yes I Would

Officials make mistakes in every game and players are affected. He is not the first to be penalised with the line as a result of a dubious call!
f**king hell if every player behaved like that clown today there would be chaos.

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Louth Exile

Quote from: ONeill on June 15, 2008, 10:54:39 PM
There's a side to Galvin that's not particularly likeable. Today's petulance shows a lack of class, no matter the reason.

I agree, whether the ref made a bad call or not is to a large degree irrelevant. What Galvin did can't be tolerated, Finlay got eight weeks for his verbals to the ref after the Fermanagh game, this incident has to warrant at least the same punishment. Galvin not getting to captain Kerry in the Munster Final is no ones fault but his own. What he should have done was,take the two yellows, Kerry convincingly beat Clare and Galvin captains them in the final. He mightn't have like it, but that would have been the right course of action for him.

The fact that he is a school teacher is very relevant, he is setting and example for young children, a very bad one. He was a bad choice of captain, but going by Pat O'Shea's comments on the Sunday game, sure Paul did nothing wrong!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Mike Sheehy

QuoteOfficials make mistakes in every game and players are affected. He is not the first to be penalised with the line as a result of a dubious call!
f**king hell if every player behaved like that clown today there would be chaos

Not every player is targeted like Galvin. If you cant see that officials have been affected by all the publicity then you are blind. All the man has to do at this stage is walk on the pitch and he gets a yellow card. Its a disgrace.

mhacadoir

it was completely childish. no matter what has happened or how hard done by he felt, to slap a notebook out of the refs hand and to storm over to the linesman, then to argue with his own player, its like something you would see at an under 12 match.

on another note, how did kerry play today? seemed easy enough, and by the looks of it cork arent up to much either so could be a while before they are properly tested.

Yes I Would

He is targeted cos he takes the bait!! Its the oldest trick in the book!
Cracking player ill agree and from interviews ive read he is a likeable fellow. Today it seems was harsh, but doesnt condone his behaviour. Two yellows, game over, and then appeal his second yellow if there was evidence to prove it was wrong.
Tomas o Se wasnt arguing with the officials about the injustice. He knew what Galvin done was crazy!!

ONeill

Very disappointed at the manager's comments. He's not cut from the same Kingdom cloth of old. Kerry are quickly becoming the England of GAA.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThe fact that he is a school teacher is very relevant, he is setting and example for young children, a very bad one. He was a bad choice of captain, but going by Pat O'Shea's comments on the Sunday game, sure Paul did nothing wrong!

what do you work at yourself ?