Clare v Waterford 1st June

Started by GAA_Punter, May 26, 2008, 01:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Punter

Ive heard Waterford are missing a lot of players , can someone give us a run down please.

AZOffaly

Ken McGrath is out, Eoin Murphy is out as well. There's a doubt about Seamus Prendergast as well, but I think Dan Shanahan is back.

GAA_Punter

Any idea when the teams will be announced ?
Either team played any challenge matches recently ?

AZOffaly

I know Offaly beat Clare recently, and Niall Gilligan is also a doubt for Clare as a result, he got a thump around the head and was concussed seemingly. The teams will probably be announced after training on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

GAA_Punter

Declan o Rourke is out with a broken finger

GAA_Punter

Ken McGrath, Seamus Prendergast and Stephen Molumphy picked up knocks during last week's warm-weather training in Portugal.

They join Eoin Murphy, Eoin Kelly, Paul Flynn and Dan Shanahan on the treatment table.

Murphy and Flynn will definitely miss the game with the Bannermen, while Prendergast is extremely doubtful after suffering severe bruising to his shoulder in a collision with a team-mate.

Zulu

Outside of Murphy and Ken Waterford will have a full panel to pick from and I'd expect them to beat Clare by 2-4 points. Clare are flying fit but just don't have the hurlers to beat Waterford.

GAA_Punter

The word is that Dan shanahan and Eoin kelly will play any one got any confirmation.

Silky

Im convinced this will be closer than most commentators think. Clare will give it 100% and have prepared well. Waterford will miss McGrath's influence and I don't think they'll be too bothered if they don't progress in MSHC this year.

Zulu

Shanahan is starting but I hear Kelly is not and Hurney is on.

GAA_Punter

1/2 Waterford V Clare 2/1

The value has to be Clare at 2/1 , I think Waterford will struggle without their missing players and the weather and the pitch in limerick will really suit Clare.

timmykelleher

McGrath and Shanahan are 2 big losses but last year Waterford were able to bring in 2 unknowns in Molumphy and Kearney who were well up to standard.

What are any replacements for waterford going to be like on Sunday?
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

AZOffaly

Hurney is decent, he's the football captain, but he's going to be raw enough at inter county hurling. I had a sneaky fancy for Clare a few weeks ago, and I'm beginning to think I'll have a few bob on them.

Any word on Gilligan?

AZOffaly

Clare team, for what it's worth. I'd say there could be a few changes come the day itself. I know there was a falling out with Gerry Quinn, but I thought he'd be back for this,

Philip Brennan

Gerry O'Grady
Frank Lohan
Dara Clancy

Paddy Donellan
Conor Plunkett
Brendan Bugler

Colin Lynch
Brian O'Connell(Capt)

Tony Carmody
Diarmuid McMahon
Jonathan Clancy

Tony Griffin
Niall Gilligan
Mark Flaherty

Guillem2

Clare will be full of running and full of fight but they won't have the hurling to touble Waterford. Any word on the Waterford team?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.