Clare V Waterford - Football

Started by GAA_Punter, May 20, 2008, 10:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Punter

How badly will dual stars Gary Hurney and Liam Lawlor not being released by the hurling management affect Waterford .

Onlooker

I think that they will be very big losses, particularly Gary Hurney, who has played so well for Waterford for so many years.  The statement from the County Board that the 2 players are "unavailable" is a real kick in the teeth to the Waterford footballers a few days before a Munster Championship match.  Waterford have been playing well this season and won 5 matches in the National League, finishing with a fine win over Antrim in Casement Park.   It is a disgrace that the 2 footballers will not be in Ennis on Sunday and it is a move that reflects very badly on both Justin McCarthy and the Waterford County Board.  It will be interesting to see how much game time the 2 players get in the Hurling match against Clare on Sunday week. 

Zulu

Yeah this is absolute disgrace and highlights just how moronic the Waterford CB are, Justin McCarthy is running Waterford GAA and has no interest in either Waterford football or the club game. And while neither football or the club game should be his primary concern they should be for the CB. This is a paticularily shameful act by the CB and Justin but is far from the first, it seems to me they are in cohoots to destroy football in Waterford.

GAA_Punter

Yes but is the loss of the two players going to loose waterford the match

Onlooker

It appears that Gary Hurney and Liam Lawlor have been selected on the Waterford team for next Sunday.  Has there been a change of policy or is this a move by Waterford Football Manager, John Kiely, to put pressure on the County Board or the Hurling Management to change their position.  Very hard to know what is going on in the Deise these days.

GAA_Punter

Ya i just got word that the two players start on Sunday . Makes it a 50-50 game now , with home advantage maybe swinging it Clares way.

GAA_Punter