soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

Quote from: Minus15 on May 06, 2008, 10:47:38 PM
steaua bucharest is the third. please keep any more good questions coming lads please. I cant get enough of them.

Hey Minus15, wasn't Miodrag Belodedic Romanian? I don't think Red Star Belgrade can be one of the correct answers for that question.

screenexile

Quote from: AFS on May 07, 2008, 01:09:25 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 07, 2008, 12:59:55 PM
I dunno this might be an easy one but which player playing at the minute has played at every level of English League Football (All four divisions)?

Also here's a fairly easy one, which player has played in the 3 main British Derby matches (Glasgow, Manchester, Merseyside)?

Teddy Sheringham used to always be the answer to this one, although as of last Sunday I think he is retired. Nicky Shorey at Reading has also done it I think, and I think Bobby Zamora has scored in all 4 divisions. There's probably a few others too, I don't think this achievement is as exclusive as it seems.

Sorry I should have stipulated this player has also played in the UEFA cup and the Champion's league As well  as the four main divisions!

thewobbler

Rossie11

QuoteWikipediaed him and it seems he defected from Romania in 1988 (before Red Star's 1991 success) to Yugoslavia
Did he defect back again as he played for romania in US 94?

turk

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 07, 2008, 01:55:20 PM
QuoteWikipediaed him and it seems he defected from Romania in 1988 (before Red Star's 1991 success) to Yugoslavia
Did he defect back again as he played for romania in US 94?

Belodeodic was definitely Romanian, you are right!

Also, Benfica and Madrid had european cup winning teams of all Portugeuse/Spanish in the 60s.

Two Hands FFS

Steve Finnan is right....Notts County in lower leagues...maybe Fulham in Championship...& definately Fulham & Liverpool in prem

Minus15

You boys are quare doing your research. That is good to see. The question was relaid to me from a teacher back in school and those were the three i answered off the top of my head and he said they were right so I never really questioned it or checked to be honest. Just always thought it was an interesting question.

Minus15

name 5 english league clubs that begin and end in the same letter?

AZOffaly

Aston Villa

Liverpool

Northampton Town

Charlton Athletic

Minus15

one more who arent a league club but were when this question appeared on Question of Sport

AZOffaly

York City. I was trying to think of a current league club.

Minus15

sorry AZ thats more time i wasted for you in work

AZOffaly

No bother, it's better than real work any day :D

Chrisowc

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 07, 2008, 02:12:38 PM
Steve Finnan is right....Notts County in lower leagues...maybe Fulham in Championship...& definately Fulham & Liverpool in prem

He has also played in the Conference I believe as well as the World Cup and Euros
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Rossie11

QuoteYou boys are quare doing your research. That is good to see
Research?? its all in the head!!!  :P

Name the (only) player who has won World Cup, European Championship, UEFA cup and Cup winners cup medals?
99% sure he is the only 1