soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 06, 2008, 10:57:23 PM
Which team have finished bottom of the Scottish Division 3 for five of the last six seasons?

Name the three football league clubs in Essex?

1) East Stirling

2) Colchester, Southend and Dagenham & Redbridge

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ludermor

which English club has had the most players capped by ireland
which club has the most Irish caps ( collectively)

ONeill

Who is the only footballer that played in, and scored in, the top 5 European Leagues (Eng, Fra, Ita, Ger and Spa)?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DoYerJob Linesman

Thierry Henry? Not sure about German though.  ???
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Orior

Which member of the Royal family managed a team thats now in the Premiership?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2008, 11:24:46 PM
Who is the only footballer that played in, and scored in, the top 5 European Leagues (Eng, Fra, Ita, Ger and Spa)?

Ziege?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aaron Boone

Quote from: fred the red on May 06, 2008, 10:51:46 PM
who is the only player to captain england and manage a team in a european cup final?

Jimmy Armfield - Leeds 1975 (robbed)

Maroon Heaven

Was asked this in a Table Quiz recently - Tough Question and answer is unbelievable.

What have England never done in the final stages of the World Cup and European championships since they played Hungary in 1962??

AZOffaly

What's final stages Maroon Heaven? The World Cup and European finals themselves, or the knockout stages i.e. 1/4 finals etc?

The reason I ask is because I think it might be 'keep a clean sheet', but I think they had a few 0-0s in various groups along the way.

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 07, 2008, 09:12:07 AM
What's final stages Maroon Heaven? The World Cup and European finals themselves, or the knockout stages i.e. 1/4 finals etc?

The reason I ask is because I think it might be 'keep a clean sheet', but I think they had a few 0-0s in various groups along the way.

In the finals themselves - Group right through to semi and Final - about 70 odd matches

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Minus15 on May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM
Not sure if anything like this has featured before but anyone have any good quiz questions on football? Try to answer them using the memory and not through the use of the internet as much as possible.
Here's one for starters.
Name three teams to have one the European Cup with the 11 starters all coming from the home country of the team they played for???

And also which is the only city in Europe to have three stadiums with over 50,000 capacity?

London has 3 stadiums too. Twickenham, wembley, Emirates

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on May 07, 2008, 07:51:12 AM
Was asked this in a Table Quiz recently - Tough Question and answer is unbelievable.

What have England never done in the final stages of the World Cup and European championships since they played Hungary in 1962??

Off the top of my head its hardly something like win a game in normal time is it?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year