Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pearseog

Pearse Og v St.Pats
Harps v Cross
Clann na Gael v Ballymacnab
Maghery v Granemore

BerfArmagh

Jesus that must be the 5th time in 6th years we have drew cross. ah well I suppose to win it they are the ones to be bate

1life 1club

Quote from: pearseog on August 15, 2011, 09:33:45 PM
Pearse Og v St.Pats
Harps v Cross
Clann na Gael v Ballymacnab
Maghery v Granemore
any dates or venues yet,, :)
full forward son

pearseog

i think they are down for the 3rd and 4th Sept. I would imagine it would be a double header on both saturday and sunday?

umgolaarmagh

Ogs to beat St Pats
Harps to beat Cross
Nab to beat Clans
Granemore to beat Maghery

IVEDECIDED

Ive a feeling you have actually got every one wrong there pal. (Are you stag??) Anyway time will tell.....

illdecide

There is a game on Fri nite then either 2 on sat or a double header then Clans v Nab on either the following Mon r wed nite...thats all i know so far
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JUst retired

I heard the games on Sat night are Maghery V Granemore at 6pm and Clans V Ballymacnab at 8 pm. Harps and Cross on Friday night, and Ogs v St. Pats on Monday night.

IVEDECIDED

bennydorano

Friday 2nd September @ 8.00pm
Armagh Harps v Crossmaglen Rangers

Saturday 3rd September
@ 6.00pm Granemore v Maghery
@ 8.00pm Pearse Og v St.Patricks

Monday 5th September @ 8.00pm
Ballymacnab v Clan na Gael

umgolaarmagh

Gents,

Anyone know the odds on the results below

Ogs to beat St Pats
Harps to beat Cross
Nab to beat Clans

1life 1club

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on August 19, 2011, 09:07:25 AM
Gents,

Anyone know the odds on the results below

Ogs to beat St Pats
Harps to beat Cross
Nab to beat Clans
the odds are on boylesports,,im not been biased but i think we are great value at 2/1 to beat ogs..
full forward son

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: 1life 1club on August 19, 2011, 09:07:21 PM
the odds are on boylesports,,im not been biased but i think we are great value at 2/1 to beat ogs..

I don't know if you can get on  Boylesports from australia Umgola. Their odds are currently

Ogs 1-2
Harps 13-2
Ballymacnab 8-15
Granemore 4-5

Some great value bets there in:

Maghery, 5-4
St Pats 19-10
Clans 9-5

el_cuervo_fc

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Patrick's 0-11 Whitecross 0-10

After months of preparation, the Senior side finally got down to the serious business of the Armagh championship this week. Their opening fixture was subject to an unusual scheduling decision with Cullyhanna and Whitecross having to wait until Monday evening under lights at the Athletic Grounds to get their campaigns underway. Despite the unusual surroundings, it was St Pat's who settled the better as Eugene Casey opened the scoring with a 4th minute pointed free. Enjoying the early midfield advantage, St Patrick's seized control of the game however a couple of wides meant that eight minutes had elapsed before Robbie Tasker secured his side's second point after profiting from a great burst and pass from Liam O'Hare. A long range Whitecross point halved the lead before Liam O'Hare exhibited his pace again to leave his marker with no option other than to haul him down for a free which was pointed by Kyle McEvoy.

Cullyhanna's early dominance was not to continue however as Whitecross responded in style, managing three quality points in a row to put themselves into the lead. Parity was restored when Liam O'Hare combined with Pearse Casey, the latter sending an excellent shot over the crossbar from 35m. Another pointed Kyle McEvoy free edged the Pat's back into the lead on 22 minutes however only a wonderfully timed interception from Stephen Reel prevented a Whitecross goal. On 24 minutes, a Whitecross attack was nullified in impressive fashion by Peter McKeever but a point from the resultant 45 levelled matters again. Another fine effort from long range secured Whitecross the half-time lead as St Pat's suffered from their insistence on an overly elaborate style of attacking play. As the whistle blew for half-time Whitecross led by 0-6 to 0-5. The score at the break was a reasonably fair reflection on the first half hour's play. St Patrick's may have had slightly more of the ball however Whitecross made better use of their possession and were more clinical in front of goal.

Whatever manager Christopher Murray said to his Cullyhanna charges at half-time appeared to work as St Pat's emerged after the break a much more impressive outfit. Eugene Casey again grabbed the opening score of the half after only a minute's play while Kyle McEvoy followed this almost immediately with a 45 which the goalkeeper had to punch over the bar. After only three minutes, the half-time deficit had been turned into a two point lead when Niall McShane marauded forward from defence to land a magnificent score from distance. A downpour of rain then ensued which made conditions very difficult however St Patrick's were entirely dominant throughout the third quarter and had better decisions been made in front of goal, a match winning advantage could have been opened. Robbie Tasker was next on the scoresheet as he collected the ball near the corner. The tight angle was no deterrent as Tasker floated over a superb score to increase the lead to three. More wides were to follow as Cullyhanna failed to put the match to bed and with thirteen minutes remaining a debatable free earned Whitecross a point. The lead was only the minimum with 9 minutes remaining when a flowing Whitecross movement resulted in a point. The result was now firmly in the balance and a sense of anxiety swept across the Cullyhanna support. Their nerves were settled somewhat after 23 minutes when Liam O'Hare won possession in front of goal and despite pressure from his markers worked the ball out to Gary McCooey who pointed. With four minutes of normal time remaining, great vision from Robbie Tasker gave Barry McConville an opportunity in front of goal and when his high kick went between the posts, St Pat's looked to have the match well in hand. However despite the introduction of Ciaran McKeever, Whitecross were in no mood for lying down and a well taken point narrowed the deficit again. A minute into injury time, a well worked short free allowed Whitecross another score and with only a point between the sides, St Pat's were in dangerous territory. The opportunity to force a replay did arrive for Whitecross however the shot was mishit and as full back Stephen Reel emerged in style from defence with the ball, the full time whistle sounded to signal Cullyhanna's safe passage to the quarter finals.

While St Pat's just about merited their victory, the manner of their performance was far from impressive at stages and indeed with a touch more fortune Whitecross could have grabbed a draw or better. Certainly there can be little doubt that without an improved performance, Cullyhanna's championship run is unlikely to be long extended. There were some positives to take from Monday night's match with some good individual displays which will give the players in question confidence as the season reaches its crucial stages. Peter McKeever managed a sterling performance at corner-back while Pearse Casey also produced a superb hour's effort, particularly in light of the fact that this was his championship debut. Liam O'Hare was probably the man-of-the-match as he presented the Whitecross defence with a constant threat thanks to his speed in possession and tireless effort. Next up for St Pat's in the championship is a quarter-final against 2009 champions Pearse Ógs who will no doubt enter the match as strong favourites given their impressive opening victory over perennial challengers Dromintee. The match is to take place in the Athletic Grounds at 8pm on Saturday 3rd September.

Starting XV: C O'Neill; P McKeever, S Reel, M Murray; E McArdle, P McCreesh, N McShane (0-1); M Mackin (0-1), B McConville; R Tasker (0-2), E Casey (0-2), L O'Hare; G McCooey, K McEvoy (0-3), P Casey (0-1). Subs Used: S McKeever, C McKeever
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead