Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Yeah he was punching Harps No. 10 Ultan Lennon in the stomach right in front of lines man.........silly!!!  thought it would only have been a yellow though.

judas1

well done dynesy & marty and all the lads, great win!!!

rolloutking

First half goals from the Harps killed the game. Some strange refereeing decisions though. He gave a wide from a Clans free which looked over and that would have brought the game to within four points. Was also no need to send off the Clans man at the end for the second yellow.

Heard some Clans people saying that the referee or linesman had said he was going to get the Clans number 7, Nash sent off, which dully happened?

Candyman

In fairness I know linesman Quigley can be a moron but Clans half back was cuttin the fcuk outta Ulty Lennon right in front of him!!!

On a lighter note, scream of the nite was harps half forward HARPO for the national anthem... Facing the wrong way with the chest out and the whole place in tears at him!!!! :D :D :D

rootthemout

good win tonight,thought we were going to blow it again at one stage,wewere slow to get going at start of each half and fair play to clans really came at us in 2nd half,thought if they got a goal we would be in trouble,have to say a good clans midfield,we couldnt get our hands on ball for ten minutes in second half but goals win games and we got them early and gave us a good half time lead,will have to improve to beat granemore,they have already turned us over twice this year but with boys getting fitter and wee joe to come back in think we can take them.

illdecide

Well done Harps and good luck in the semi's. The best team won on the night and we can't have any complaints, as someone stated the goals killed us off especially as the first two were really bad errors from the Clans defence but thats the way it goes as I'm sure the Harps forwards putting pressure on them contributed to the errors. The Clans have a very young team with the exception of one or two and they will (hopefully) learn from this for the coming years...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

congrats to the harps. obviously gutted but they deserved it, better team on the night, hope u's go on and win it now.
Two of the goals i thought were gifted to the harps, and we just made it hard for ourselves. We showed some character in the 2nd half but it just wasn't to be. as illdecide says we have youth on our side and this team will be back!

torres

the harps would be big favourites to progress to meet the ogs in the final

Muhammed McCarthy

Firstly well done to Harps, deserved win on the night, but have to perform for full hour to have any chance against Granemore.
Felt sending off of Clans No7 was harsh, Harps cleaned at midfield and with former Harps manager at Granemore I feel Harps are there for the taking.
Harps management lacking in experience through no fault of their own....yet years of experience at clubs disposal if only they would ask.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: torres on September 18, 2009, 11:16:18 PM
the harps would be big favourites to progress to meet the ogs in the final

:D

emainmacha

Some Pics from Harps V Clans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157622281906591/detail/

Didn't catch the sending off as was following the ball at the time, was told by a neutral that there was a punch thrown straight in front of linesman.

Thought there was no need for the abuse the linesman got from fans, from the sending off till the end of game, with some coming down to the fence to shout abuse with only minutes to go and this from people with enough years on them to know better.

rolloutking

Bet placed?   :D Wtf?  ???

I doubt they will let us away with that

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: emainmacha on September 18, 2009, 11:32:38 PM
Some Pics from Harps V Clans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157622281906591/detail/

Didn't catch the sending off as was following the ball at the time, was told by a neutral that there was a punch thrown straight in front of linesman.

Thought there was no need for the abuse the linesman got from fans, from the sending off till the end of game, with some coming down to the fence to shout abuse with only minutes to go and this from people with enough years on them to know better.

Great photos eamainmacha - thanks for those.

As for the sending off, when are people going to stand up and take responsibility for their own actions?

Very pleased of course to win the match, but I'd have to say that I felt a few nerves for the first ten minutes of the second half. From our point of view, it wokred out well, i.e. we won the match but with a lot of work still to be done. I would hope that the extra match will stand to our lads next week, and hopefully we can get Philly McKinney, Joe Quigley and Martin McKenna back in contention for starting places which will give us a few more options!!   

fcuksake

Great photos.....

Excellent win tonight. Great first half display, and credit to Clans for not throwing n the towel. i feel if their 6th unanswered point had of stood it may have been a different story, but some good work by Kevin Kelly stopped clans momentum.

As RTF says, we still have a few options on the line. Hope Peadar Toals injury isnt too serious. Next week will be alot tougher as Granemore have beat us well in the 2 league outings  so they will be favourites.

Well Done to the lads and the management team as the Dynes & Grimley have been thrown in at the deep end.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

emainmacha

As an Ogs supporter I was neutral regarding outcome of game, thought Clans weren't in the hunt in the middle of the field most of the game and Harps just overwhelmed them in first half.

Was surprised that the Harps didn't come out firing on all cylinders in second half, thought after first game they'd want to make sure that not caught again.

Best team won, and hope Peadar isn't too badly injured, hate for an injury to badly affect any teams chances of progressing