Munster Hurling Championship 2008

Started by youbetterbelieveit, April 25, 2008, 05:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2008?

Clare
0 (0%)
Cork
15 (42.9%)
Limerick
1 (2.9%)
Tipperary
16 (45.7%)
Waterford
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

turk

I voted for Cork - I don't know why, i can't articulate it, but i can see them sickening everyone and handy sports articles on the strike and all that. Then again i expected RUDI to win the American election

Zulu

Dan will definately be ok for Sunday but Ken is definately out, even with McGrath out I'd expect Waterford to win this with a few points to spare. Clare will of course be totally focused on this game and have apparently trained very hard for it but they simply lack the necessary quality to beat Waterford. Waterford have some decent players coming through and there is greater strength and depth than in previous years so I think they'll get to the Munster final though they'll not lose much sleep if they don't. I think Cork will beat Tipp in the other half, Tipp were much more advanced in their preperations than all the other teams during the league, Cork will have closed that gap for their Munster match up and their hurling will look after the rest. So a Cork/Waterford final for me with Cork to win it. On a different point the Munster championship is over-rated and is holding hurling back IMO, until it is scrapped hurling will continue to see some very uncompetitive AI championships.

AZOffaly

QuoteOn a different point the Munster championship is over-rated and is holding hurling back IMO, until it is scrapped hurling will continue to see some very uncompetitive AI championships.

Jaysus Zulu, they'll hang you for heresy in Limerick if you're not careful :D

Zulu

If I'd said the Heino Cup was over-rated AZ I might be hung in Limerick but I'd doubt they even know the Munster championship is starting this weekend. :D

timmykelleher

I'm finding this one hard to call.

Anyone know who Waterford are likely to play centre back instead of McGrath?

Waterford
-3.0  10 - 11 

Handicap Draw
(3.0)  9 - 1 

Clare
+3.0  evens 

Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009