World Cup or Sam Maguire?

Started by mannix, April 24, 2008, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I think the order for me would be Donegal, then Liverpool and then the Republic of Ireland team. Couldn't really give a fcuk about the rugby team.

doire na raithe

AZ I know the point of the thread just coming back against some of those who have notably questioned the ROI team.

corn02

I'll question them. They are a group of individuals who would rather be playing for their club and go through the motions in a green shirt.

AZOffaly

Well, you did say 'in the midst of this ROI soccer team bashing'. That sounds like you think there is widespread antipathy towards them. I don't think that's the case. I know there's a few posts about overpaid or whatever, but in general I think most people would love to see Ireland winning a world cup. But if I could only choose one, I'd choose Offaly every time.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2008, 07:02:57 PM
If you don't follow the Republic then obviously the question has no relevance except an excuse to come on and show how much you don't care about the Republics team. But will gladly post willy nilly in some EPL football thread about a foreign team that you follow  ;)

I fit in with all of the above ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

EC Unique

Quote from: ziggysego on April 25, 2008, 12:52:25 PM
The day Greencastle won the All Ireland Club Final at Croke Park in 2007 surpasses anyother feeling, including Tyrone lifing Sam in 2003 and 2005.

Would agree with you ziggy. Club success out weighs anything else to me. Just wish we got that final step as Greencastle did but it might come some day ;)  Still enjoyed Tyrone's spell at the top although it did Errigal no favours. :-\

TacadoirArdMhacha

Although I've been going to all Ireland's home matches and a couple of aways recently, can't say I'd put it remotely near Armagh winning Sam Maguire.

Either would still be a damn good day though!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Farrandeelin

I'd take Sam before World Cup. But if you asked me Sam or Moclair, it's a tough one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dodo

Sam all the way, living in hope. Club second.  Nothing else comes close.

Zapatista

I would rather see Dublin win an AI than any irish team win a WC.

The Club winning the County Championship for the first time was better than both Tyrone AIs put together. I can safley say if the club where to win Ulster and an AI it would top any sporting event ever.

Rav67

Quote from: Zapatista on April 26, 2008, 08:02:34 AM
I would rather see Dublin win an AI than any irish team win a WC.

Assuming you don't have any strong ties to Dublin, why?

his holiness nb

Dont be stupid Rav, its a scientifically proven point that all non Dubs secretly love us and wish us well  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

I have been in Dublin now for a few year and have a soft spot for them. It is just my pecking order. I would be happy enough (I wouldn't be emotional about them though) to see Dublin win an AI but couldn't care less about the RoI or NI winning a world cup.

Also what HH says. You can't argue with Science.

Rav67

I do sort of like the Dubs too as have a good few friends from there, I prefer to see them come tantalisingly close and then fail though, adds to the drama for the next year.  That probably sounds a bit sadistic!