Groups for Wedding Receptions

Started by Smiler An Dun, April 16, 2008, 09:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiler An Dun

A mate of mine is gettiing married in summer 2009 , with the reception being held somewhere in Monaghan.

Anyhow, they are currently on the look out for groups to play at the wedding and are after suggestions.  Someone who will also do a bit of up beat Irish music, something on the lines of Blackthorn.

Would appreciate any suggestions...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Dalriada, fantastic group, did my wedding.
PM me if you want contact details.
Tbc....

Shamrock Shore

Am I the only Victor Meldrew type that HATES a band at a wedding cos the bastards are always too loud and they shift you from your table just as you are settling in for a nice few pints?

Was at oen wedding where there was no music and it was the best ever.

Smokin Joe

I had Pat Casey & Gerry Cunningham (members of More Power To Your Elbow) play at my wedding.

I would recommend them whole heartedy, but I just googled them and I see that More Power To Your Elbow has seemed to have been reformed, so I don't know if they would still do weddings anymore.

Onion Bag

Has anyone heard of a band from round Tyrone somewhere called Atmosphere?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Donagh

Still at this craic myself. Two bands have let me down already by taking a booking and then canceling with the double-booking excuse.  >:(

Yes I Would

Have Miracles booked for December!! Heard them once, and seemed to have some talent!
Providing disco as well. Hopefully they will be to everones satisfaction.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 16, 2008, 03:11:53 PM
Am I the only Victor Meldrew type that HATES a band at a wedding cos the bastards are always too loud and they shift you from your table just as you are settling in for a nice few pints?

Was at oen wedding where there was no music and it was the best ever.

You should forget about wedding's and go to wakes instead.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Yes I Would on April 23, 2008, 04:36:45 PM
Have Miracles booked for December!! Heard them once, and seemed to have some talent!
Providing disco as well. Hopefully they will be to everones satisfaction.

Heard them at a wedding, brilliant band, Tried to get them myself but were booked. In fact its probably yours, Do you not think that bands are very f**king expensive
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Yes I Would

Yeah the whole feckin shebang is a rip off. Suppose with a band you get some entertainment value!
Its the price of flowers, invitation cards, shite like that thats buggin me, but shes lookin the full works!!
Looked like we picked a bad year to get married (if any years a good year??) Bang in the middle of a bleedin recession!!

Donagh

Quote from: Yes I Would on April 23, 2008, 05:15:56 PM
Yeah the whole feckin shebang is a rip off. Suppose with a band you get some entertainment value!
Its the price of flowers, invitation cards, shite like that thats buggin me, but shes lookin the full works!!
Looked like we picked a bad year to get married (if any years a good year??) Bang in the middle of a bleedin recession!!

Did out our own invitations and booked the woman onto a flower arranging classes once we got a few quotes.

Pangurban