NHL Semis - Ofeechal Thread

Started by GY Joe, April 07, 2008, 10:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GY Joe

Lads,
Galway v Cork.
Tipp v KK.
Venues and Times to be announced.
I think Galway v Cork will be the game of the day and I see it going Galways way. The Cats should win the battle with Tipp and we could see a fortaste of the summer with a Galway v Cats final

Predictions

Cork 1-20, Galway 3-18
KK 4-14, Tipp 1-17

AZOffaly

Will Galway Cork be in Limerick? Surely that makes sense to use the white elephant on the Ennis Road?

GY Joe

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 07, 2008, 11:26:12 AM
Will Galway Cork be in Limerick? Surely that makes sense to use the white elephant on the Ennis Road?

If it makes sense that rules it out then...

Its the GAA man...

But yes, it would be the obvious option. Allied to the fact that Galway are playing Kerry for a place in the football league final, they would need a handy spot to get the Galway crowd, and dont think THAT many will travel from Cork. But Limerick is now just an hour from either so would be happy to go see that.

Be a bigger crowd again should one JC be named in the squad...

GaillimhIarthair

JC and a few more of the Port lads have been in training with the senior squad since last Sat week so I reckon there is a fair chance that he will be named in the match day squad alright GYJ.  Cant wait to see him in action for the seniors and it would make for some craic if he was lobbed in on top of "the rock" for a while next weekend! Knowing the powers that be in headquarters for fixtures, this game could be in Nowlan Park, Thurles or The Gaelic Grounds ???

GY Joe

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on April 07, 2008, 12:11:32 PM
JC and a few more of the Port lads have been in training with the senior squad since last Sat week so I reckon there is a fair chance that he will be named in the match day squad alright GYJ.  Cant wait to see him in action for the seniors and it would make for some craic if he was lobbed in on top of "the rock" for a while next weekend! Knowing the powers that be in headquarters for fixtures, this game could be in Nowlan Park, Thurles or The Gaelic Grounds ???

Well its got to compete with Galway v Kerry in Pearse for the right to the football league final so they would want to use the head and put it into Limerick where both sets are an hour and a bit from.
I can see this one happening on a Sat evening unless they want a double header in which case it has to be Thurles if its available.

orangeman

Quote from: GY Joe on April 07, 2008, 12:15:32 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on April 07, 2008, 12:11:32 PM

Well its got to compete with Galway v Kerry in Pearse for the right to the football league final so they would want to use the head and put it into Limerick where both sets are an hour and a bit from.
I can see this one happening on a Sat evening unless they want a double header in which case it has to be Thurles if its available.

Double header would be nice !

GY Joe

__ Sunday 13.04.08 __

Allianz National Hurling League

Roinn I Semi-Finals
Páirc na nGael 3.30pm Corcaigh v Gaillimh

Nowlan Park 4.15pm Cill Chainnigh v Tiobraid Árann

SO.. No DH.
At least Limerick is accessible to both Gal and Cork

AZOffaly

Good stuff. Hopefully I'll get in to see this one. (In the Gaelic grounds). Also hopefully it won't be as fecking freezing.

GaillimhIarthair

Galway team to play Cork

James Skehill

Conor Dervan

Tony Og Regan

Fergal Moore

Adrian Cullinane

John Lee

Ger Mahon

Kevin Hynes

Richie Murray

Ger Farragher

Fergal Healy

Niall Healy

Damien Hayes

Joe Canning 

Iarla Tanning

GY Joe

So.. The Joe show makes its debut. Against a tough crowd in the guise of the Rock.. Well in for a penny in for a pound.. Let him have it Joe..!!

TBT

James Skehill is going to have some crack trying to find that halfforward line with his puck outs.

GY Joe

Quote from: TBT on April 08, 2008, 12:36:17 PM
James Skehill is going to have some crack trying to find that halfforward line with his puck outs.

I would imagine that Tannion will be in and about that area as well.. F Healy was supposed to be excellent there against Limerick. This will be a far sterner test though.

cicfada

AZ, maybe we could meet up finally?? I'll be at the game with bells on!! Canning is in for some match, obviously Tannian will be moving out to the half  forward line with canning looking to hook up with Hayes!! Could be some match.

AZOffaly

I hope to be there too cic. Send me an aul' PM.

TBT

Id imagine Loughnane will have Tannian and Richie Murrey on the wingforward positions with Farragher and Hynes midfield. Big Joe against Big Diarmuid will be extremely interesting.