Electrical gadget question

Started by blast05, April 07, 2008, 02:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Looking for advice...
Am thinking of buying this ... http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php and sticking it in a kitchen cupboard in an kitchen island to where i have 4 ceiling speakers wired back to
I need another 'gadget' to get this working as obviously can't plug it in and there is AC to DC power to worry about or something like that so was thinking of something along the lines of http://www.powerstream.com/12-volt.htm

Any know if this power supply when plugged in will drive the car stereo ? If not, then what do i need ?
Need to act fast as the Ibood offer only lasts for the day

Gnevin

Sort of going arse about face with this aren't you ? But i suppose you can't beat the price .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

blast05

To buy a hi-fi that would drive 4 seperate 50 watt speakers would cost a lot and would take up a lot of worktop space. This is a cheap solution which i can put into a cupboard and cut out a small section of the front face of the cupboard door to have the front face of the car stereo flush with the face of the cupboard when the cupboard is closed ... if that makes any sense. I have the 4 speakers wired back to this cupboard with a plug socket in there too.
So will it work ?

Gnevin

Quote from: blast05 on April 07, 2008, 12:13:37 PM
To buy a hi-fi that would drive 4 seperate 50 watt speakers would cost a lot and would take up a lot of worktop space. This is a cheap solution which i can put into a cupboard and cut out a small section of the front face of the cupboard door to have the front face of the car stereo flush with the face of the cupboard when the cupboard is closed ... if that makes any sense. I have the 4 speakers wired back to this cupboard with a plug socket in there too.
So will it work ?
Yeah you just need a 12v power converter , give LaoisLad a pm he should be able to point you in the right direction
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.