government grants to GAA players -- not getting into prefessionalism etc

Started by squareballz, March 18, 2008, 02:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: rrhf on April 15, 2008, 02:15:24 PM
Uladh you and your GPA cronies have now in your hands the torch but rather than carry it to a place where it can burn brightly like our own Olympic flame I suspect that you will burn the very fabric of our association to the ground with it.

I dont suspect you guys will be on the board in 2012.  I believe you will have lost interest.  

As in monetary interest :P

Zapatista

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2008, 02:22:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 15, 2008, 02:12:05 PM
Will they be two seperate boards or two pages on the same board?

Two seperate boards of course. Some of us will be paid for our high quality elite posts on the Pro board. The rest of ye scrubbers can keep lining your pitches on the poxy amateur one :)

Can the poxy amateur one qualify for Government Grants Az? I propose to set up an amateur posters asociation and campagin for better facitities such as more smiley faces and fonts. Who's with me?  ;D

behind the wire

good point zabaptista, i do think the problem lies with society in general.

uladh - i have never kept secret my dislike for the GPA and its methods. my resons for harbouring my hatred is due to my unnerving belief that the GPA want abolish the amateur ethos of our association, an ethos which i believe is the core reason for the success of the modern gaa.

i cannot help feel that there is something sinister going on every time dessie opens his mouth (even though it does provide a bit of comedy).
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zapatista on April 15, 2008, 02:28:01 PM

Two seperate boards of course. Some of us will be paid for our high quality elite posts on the Pro board. The rest of ye scrubbers can keep lining your pitches on the poxy amateur one :)

Can the poxy amateur one qualify for Government Grants Az? I propose to set up an amateur posters asociation and campagin for better facitities such as more smiley faces and fonts. Who's with me?  ;D

No, of course not. While ye peons are valued members of blah blah blah, only the elite posters, with their undying dedication, which goes unrecognised, will be deserving of such grants.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2008, 02:29:47 PM

No, of course not. While ye peons are valued members of blah blah blah, only the elite posters, with their undying dedication, which goes unrecognised, will be deserving of such grants.

Only posters that are as well educated as the pro grants brigade will qualify for pay for play ! An aptitude test will be employed before getting a user name and password on the elite GAA board !

AZOffaly

Not an aptitude test. An attitude test.

If you have the 'correct' attitude towards the rest of the elite posters and the unbelievable hardship they go through to entertain literally tens of people with their posts, then you may be deemed suitable. As an associate.

It's invitation only.

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on April 15, 2008, 02:37:48 PM

Only posters that are as well educated as the pro grants brigade will qualify for pay for play ! An aptitude test will be employed before getting a user name and password on the elite GAA board !

Surely higher quality posts will generate higher numbers of viewers leading to bigger sponsorship deals. It is only fair this revenue is distributed after administration (we all know the Mods are getting paid) in the order of whomever scores highest in the aptitude tests getting the most while those who score lowest get the least and those who don't make the cut off point... well... we appreciate them viewing (the advertisements) and are sure they will enjoy the poxy amateur board.

AZOffaly

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on April 15, 2008, 02:48:46 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 15, 2008, 02:37:48 PM

Surely higher quality posts will generate higher numbers of viewers leading to bigger sponsorship deals. It is only fair this revenue is distributed after administration (we all know the Mods are getting paid) in the order of whomever scores highest in the aptitude tests getting the most while those who score lowest get the least and those who don't make the cut off point... well... we appreciate them viewing (the advertisements) and are sure they will enjoy the poxy amateur board.

Fair dues to Dessie - if he has taught us anything, he has taught us that there's no pint us typing away here and getting nothing for it !

I think we should be paid by the the number of words in the post - overtime rates should apply as well.

pintsofguinness

Uladh it's nice you ask for my opinion (it's a pity you couldn't leave the snide remarks out of it but we've become use to that with the GPA) but your point has been answered by a few posters nows.  People don't give their opinion because there's never been any discussion at grassroots and they were never asked for their opinion, I don't know anyone (other than some posters on this board) that are in favour of it.  Keep clutching at the straws. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2008, 02:40:06 PM
Not an aptitude test. An attitude test.

If you have the 'correct' attitude towards the rest of the elite posters and the unbelievable hardship they go through to entertain literally tens of people with their posts, then you may be deemed suitable. As an associate.

It's invitation only.

But posting on the club or general interest section will not get you a grant, you need to post on the county section a set amount of times per year.
And it only counts during championship season, posts on the county threads about league games dont count.
Ask me holy bollix

passedit

I'd say there is a majority of the 'grass roots' are opposed to professionalism when it suits them.

I'm against paying players on economic not dogmatic grounds but the rubicon was crossed when WE started paying managers.
Don't Panic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: passedit on April 15, 2008, 07:08:58 PM
I'd say there is a majority of the 'grass roots' are opposed to professionalism when it suits them.

I'm against paying players on economic not dogmatic grounds but the rubicon was crossed when WE started paying managers.

yes, and i'd support moves to end that within the game however it can't be used to justify the payment of players.

How long do you think it'll be when we're saying "the rubicon was crossed when we allowed the grants to players"?

Rossfan

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 06:59:04 PM
, I don't know anyone (other than some posters on this board) that are in favour of it. 

About 90% of the Congress Delegates voted in favour.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rossfan on April 15, 2008, 07:37:39 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 06:59:04 PM
, I don't know anyone (other than some posters on this board) that are in favour of it. 

About 90% of the Congress Delegates voted in favour.

and what?