Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

I trust its pay at the gate?
Ask me holy bollix

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 28, 2008, 06:50:20 PM
I trust its pay at the gate?

was 13 Euro against Monaghan HHN

The little ticket office is beside the turnstiles, and you have to buy a ticket as they wont take cash at the turnstiles.

PS No delayed throw ins like you dubs normaly get up to!!!!  :D

his holiness nb

Speaking of delayed throw ins, where good for a pint before the game ?
;)
Ask me holy bollix

Hound

Cavan team named:

J Reilly
M Hannon, P Reilly, K Fannin
A Forde, R Flanagan, D Sheridan
D McCabe, M McKeever
M Reilly, M Lyng, R Donohoe
J O'Reilly, S Brady, S Johnston

heffo

Quote from: heffo on February 26, 2008, 10:49:00 PM
Team Named:

DUBLIN (SF v Cavan) - S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, S O'Shaughnessy; P McMahon, P Casey, C Moran; E Fennell, S Ryan; B Cullen, A Brogan, M Vaughan; J Sherlock, B Brogan, B McManamon.

O'Shaughnessy is out and Derek Murray in at corner back in his place.

Northside Dub

I reckon flanagan will go man to man on A.Brogan. Will McCabe be fit enough for midfield at this time of year??
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

cavanmaniac

Simple answer is no. He's never that mobile or fleet footed at the best of times and he's just back after a long enough injury. McKeever is alongside him to do the hard running, much like Ryan will do for the Dubs.

MayoMan

That camera could do with a clean!!

thejuice

Was really impressed with Vaughn, that 45 wasnt easy in those elements. his over all play has really improved
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gnevin

I notice so very ,very bad passing from both side . Kicks to the other teams player when no one was even close . I also found it difficult at times in the crowd to pick out a Dub . Was the clash of colours noticeable on tele ? A possible reason from some of the poor passing or was it just that poor passing ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ExiledGael

Decent showing by Cavan but never thought they could win the game.Shocking night and Dublin went through the motions at times, typical of their league form in recent years and had Cavan been able to push on could have been beaten.
Brogan in particular was very unimpressive, and greedy just before he was subbed when he could have put the brilliant Shane Ryan in on goal on the overlap.
Cavan started well when Lyng was inflential, but when things atarted to go wrong at midfield they did nothing to respond. Big man in the midfield was excellent for Dublin, totally outpowered a clearly unfit McCabe. Not often he's outpowered though and Caffrey gave him some applause when he came off. Vaughan was hit and miss, some dreadful passing out the field but got a few nice scores from play and a few classy frees. The 45 in those conditions was brilliant.
very disappointed in some of the Cavan forward play, almost seemed to be hiding behind their men except for Jason O'Reilly and Johnstone in flashes.
When the sides were level in the second half Cavan got a free in scorable range and missed, Dublin won the game in the next 10 minutes.
Can't really tell much from the game, though I'd be worried if I was a Cavan fan. Dubs will be there or thereabouts again, Bernard Broigan was very good at times and Casey in patches, they'll come good.

Hound

Its totally effin ridiculous that one of these teams don't change colours when they play.

The goal and the missed goal within 60 seconds was the difference between the two sides.

Delighted with Mark Vaughan's performance, as he was useless the last day. Bernard Brogan continues to look a player. His brother is having a mare of a time though. Clearly "trying too hard" and clearly not getting bollocked out of it enough for being too greedy. Hopefully being substituted will give him the kick up the jacksey. I'd still rate him our most talented player. Bryan Cullen's another not playing well.

Nice to be at the top end of the league - even if its only Division 2. But we'll need to raise our game seriously for Monaghan. 

corn02

Division two is not that much weaker than the top tier Hound.

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on March 02, 2008, 08:14:50 PM
Division two is not that much weaker than the top tier Hound.
Yip, not that much weaker. But whatever kudos league titles carry - winning Div1 means you're league champions, winning Div 2 means nothing