Former Unionist Cllr joins Fianna Fail

Started by Lecale2, February 23, 2008, 09:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

According to the Irish News a former Unionist Councillor had joined FF. After hearing Bertie evidence yesterday he reckoned it was time he got on the gravy train.

A former Ulster Unionist councillor has caused shock by joining Fianna Fail.
Businessman Harvey Bicker from south Down confirmed last night to RTE that he has joined Fianna Fail, making it likely that he is the first ever unionist to go join a republican party.

http://www.irishnews.com/appnews/540/5860/2008/2/23/580997_337557513010FormerUls.html

Zapatista

Will Ian og be next? I am surprised at how unsurprised I am. Like I said before "FF the Republican Party :D" will never relate to Republicans (and many Nationalists) in the six countys.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

One Unionist went to Sinn Fein and one to FF. Has anyone gone the other way?
Testing Accessibility

dec

Quote from: ziggysego on February 23, 2008, 02:24:14 PM
One a former cop, the other a former member of the British Army.

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on February 23, 2008, 02:24:14 PM

Nah... Unionists are begining to realise that there is no practical function for Unioniam and so, consistant with evolution, will cease to exist.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Zapatista on February 23, 2008, 10:53:25 AM
Will Ian og be next? I am surprised at how unsurprised I am. Like I said before "FF the Republican Party :D" will never relate to Republicans (and many Nationalists) in the six countys.

Sorry to disappoint, but rather than an end of Unionism in sight this is real politics coming in to play. The man is a businessman, and he sees an angle here. Unionism is of course less relevant than it was a few years ago, but so is republicanism. Bertie himself said the constitutional issue is "parked", The Fisherman seems to be having a rare auld time as Ian Paisley's deputy and Gerry seems to have almost disappeared from view. SF are currently doing a bit of sabre rattling over the odd bit of symbolism, because in reality they realise that is all they have left. God knows how many of them are currently shitting themselves at the thought of being outed as informers.

Did Conor Cruise O'Brien not go the other way? For all the good it did him.

Zapatista

Quote from: Solomon Kane on February 23, 2008, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 23, 2008, 10:53:25 AM

Sorry to disappoint, but rather than an end of Unionism in sight this is real politics coming in to play. The man is a businessman, and he sees an angle here. Unionism is of course less relevant than it was a few years ago, but so is republicanism. Bertie himself said the constitutional issue is "parked", The Fisherman seems to be having a rare auld time as Ian Paisley's deputy and Gerry seems to have almost disappeared from view. SF are currently doing a bit of sabre rattling over the odd bit of symbolism, because in reality they realise that is all they have left. God knows how many of them are currently shitting themselves at the thought of being outed as informers.

Did Conor Cruise O'Brien not go the other way? For all the good it did him.

And therein lies the problem.

BTW how can you justify Republicanism being less relevant? Surely your mistaken?

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would use CCO'B as an example for anything.

zoyler

Former British Army men were more then welcome in the IRA when it was the real Irish Army before losing its way after the Civil War and becoming the murder machine and criminal empire it now is.  Remember General Tom Barry?  Where do you think he got his training?

Zapatista

Quote from: zoyler on February 25, 2008, 10:29:52 AM
Former British Army men were more then welcome in the IRA when it was the real Irish Army before losing its way after the Civil War and becoming the murder machine and criminal empire it now is.  Remember General Tom Barry?  Where do you think he got his training?

What the F**k are you talking about? Are you seriously comparing the two situations?

Rossfan

Quote from: zoyler on February 25, 2008, 10:29:52 AM
Irish Army before losing its way after the Civil War and becoming the murder machine and criminal empire it now is. 
??? ??? ??? ???
I think you need to change your medication  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM