Cannibalism Horror in Longford

Started by LaurelEye, February 17, 2008, 08:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelEye

QuoteCOUNTY SENIOR: Longford demolish neighbours Leitrim

Longford demolished Leitrim by 2-10 to 0-6 in a one-sided encounter at Pearce Park. However, the hosts took their time to get into their stride as Leitrim held their opponents to a 0-2 draw with 21 minutes on the clock. That situation was short lived though as the Midlanders began to exert there influence on the match, racing into a 1-3 to 0-3 lead. Leitrim were now dead men walking as Longford devoured Dessie Dolan's footsoldiers, thriving on their carcases to run out ten-point victors. (17/02/08)

http://longfordgaa.ie/

:o
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

AZOffaly

Jaysus. There was no need for that, the game was already as good as won.

Save your 'devouring' for Dessie Dolan jnr and co in May.

LaurelEye

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 17, 2008, 09:40:14 PM
Jaysus. There was no need for that, the game was already as good as won.

Hope this doesn't get into the papers... the place has a bad enough reputation as it is.

QuoteSave your 'devouring' for Dessie Dolan jnr and co in May.

Dunno what's gotten into them since this new physical trainer from Westmeath arrived...

Worst thing is that one of the Leitrim players is was a cousin of two of ours. Cannibalism is bad enough when it's strangers, but aytin' yer own shows a lack of class...
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

I spose Kiernan Mulvey will have to be dispatched to sort things out here as well. A bit more flesh on Nickey Brennan though so he'd do well to stay away from the jungles of Longford.

Still - it could have been worse for Leitrim....had Niall Sheridan and David Blessington been on the field then not even bones would have survived!

thejuice

There's nothing in the rule-book against eating an opponent, so all fair I guess.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ONeill

That's bound to be a way to rid the opposition of their smothering tactics.

Come to think of it, no-one has seen Mark Harte since he came on against Armagh in 2005.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

How many teams are in the pot for the Longford championship?

ONeill

After that performance, the Longford management were licking their lips in anticipation of the next league tie. That scoreline suggests they ravaged Leitrim with a savage hunger which bodes well as long as they don't dine out on such a sumptuous feast. More league points seem to be on the menu over the next couple of months with the Leitrim bash only a starter, an appetiser for things to come in the O'Farrell county.

AZOffaly

QuoteO'Farrell county.

Where did you get that from? I've never heard that before, but it'd be better than the 'Slashers' which means nothing other than a club in Longford. I like the Larries though :D

ONeill

I made it up on the board a few years ago. Heard the O'Farrell's came from there.

zoyler

I thought they only 'did'cannibalism in CORK!

Shamrock Shore

The O'Farrell moniker is long pre-O'Neill. The town/county got its name originally from the 'Longphoirt Ui Fearraghail' (spelling may be off and I am too lazy to wikipedia it).

I prefer 'The Larries' - as bestowed on us by Hardy in honour of Mullinalaghta's finest export, Larry Cunningham.

I wonder how tasty the Fermanagh boys will be - seeing as they won't have played a League game they should be nice and tender.

ONeill

Well if you can find 'O'Farrell County' anywhere pre-dating this board I'll give you a euro. It is well known the O'Farrells came from there, but I'd never heard it called the 'O'Farrell county'(copyright ONeill) anywhere.

Billys Boots

Welcome all to the world of Crayonman - take some time to examine some of his previous 'works'.  Is the 'report' on the Leinster Minor Final of 2001 still available in the natural world?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...