Started by Zapatista, February 14, 2008, 08:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How will/would you vote?

Yes
No
Undecided

smcafee

FLYING OF BUTCHER'S APRON SIGN OF THINGS TO COME – RSF

A spokesperson for Republican Sinn Féin said that the flying of the British flag in towns throughout the 26-Counties could be a sign of things to come, in light of recent French comments about shared Commissioners within the EU.

Director of Publicity, Richard Walsh said: “We have received a number of complaints about the flying of the Union flag throughout the 26-Counties on the event of the opening of the Olympic Games in Beijing. Although we have no problem with the flying of the flags of other countries, we do not currently enjoy friendly relations with Britain as they continue to occupy part of our country. Consequently the flying of the flag of a hostile state is a deeply offensive act.

“Incidentally, it could be asked of M. Sarkozy whether this is a sign of things to come, as he appears to suggest that all of Ireland should be represented by the 'Butcher's Apron'. We have long suffered under British subjugation, and certainly do not need to be subjected to increased control from both London and Brussels simultaneously”, he said.

boojangles

What towns in the Republic are flying the Union Jack?? This can only lead to one thing.The British are back and ready to take over once again.Lucky Republican Sinn Fein is around to warn us.

Mentalman

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Tankie

Quote from: smcafee on August 10, 2008, 11:36:58 AM

A spokesperson for Republican Sinn Féin said that the flying of the British flag in towns throughout the 26-Counties could be a sign of things to come, in light of recent French comments about shared Commissioners within the EU.

Director of Publicity, Richard Walsh said: "We have received a number of complaints about the flying of the Union flag throughout the 26-Counties on the event of the opening of the Olympic Games in Beijing. Although we have no problem with the flying of the flags of other countries, we do not currently enjoy friendly relations with Britain as they continue to occupy part of our country. Consequently the flying of the flag of a hostile state is a deeply offensive act.

"Incidentally, it could be asked of M. Sarkozy whether this is a sign of things to come, as he appears to suggest that all of Ireland should be represented by the 'Butcher's Apron'. We have long suffered under British subjugation, and certainly do not need to be subjected to increased control from both London and Brussels simultaneously", he said.

Who do RSF actually represent? are these just a shower of a few hundred yobs?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on August 11, 2008, 10:02:21 AM

Director of Publicity, Richard Walsh said: "We have received a number of complaints about the flying of the Union flag throughout the 26-Counties on the event of the opening of the Olympic Games in Beijing. Although we have no problem with the flying of the flags of other countries, we do not currently enjoy friendly relations with Britain as they continue to occupy part of our country. Consequently the flying of the flag of a hostile state is a deeply offensive act.

"Incidentally, it could be asked of M. Sarkozy whether this is a sign of things to come, as he appears to suggest that all of Ireland should be represented by the 'Butcher's Apron'. We have long suffered under British subjugation, and certainly do not need to be subjected to increased control from both London and Brussels simultaneously", he said.

Something similar to IBEC i guess.

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on August 11, 2008, 10:06:01 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 11, 2008, 10:02:21 AM

Something similar to IBEC i guess.

You mean the Irish Business and Employers Confederation - how did i miss the similarities  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Denn Forever

If we had ratified the treaty, would the current crisis be any worse?  I see that along with us, Germany and Greece are backing deposits.  This after a meeting of heads of state the day before saying that they would do antthing percipitious.

I suppose it would all be a matter of trust?!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Zapatista

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 08, 2008, 02:29:00 PM
If we had ratified the treaty, would the current crisis be any worse?  I see that along with us, Germany and Greece are backing deposits.  This after a meeting of heads of state the day before saying that they would do antthing percipitious.

Wouldn't make a difference. Besides, if the treaty had have been accepted it wouldn't have been implemented until after the next EU elections.

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on October 08, 2008, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on October 08, 2008, 02:29:00 PM

Wouldn't make a difference. Besides, if the treaty had have been accepted it wouldn't have been implemented until after the next EU elections.

This crisis has damaged the EU significantly. Some Dutch Nellie whinging about Ireland saving its banking industry damaging competition while the EU did nothing and at the same time the Itialian government continue to pump money into the dead duck that is Alitalia while she remains silent.

What drives me mad is that I will never get the chance to democratically cast a vote against Nellie, her party or anyone associated with her. Barroso, the EU President, supported the war in Iraq and we have no opportunity to cast a vote either for or against him.

When the EU becomes a democracy I might vote with its decision makers, but not until then.
MWWSI 2017