The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torres

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 28, 2009, 12:31:28 PM
Well done to the lads saturday night, it was brilliant to see the harps back in a final, absolutely brilliant. The club was packed afterwards & its only after wins like that, that you realise how important the club is to everyone. I thought everyone gave 100%, Charlie Vernon played his best ever game for the harps & totally dominated Toner in the high catching stakes, he picked up breaking ball and drove hard at the granemore defence, simply magnificant. Even though it was a low scopring games, some of the points taken by both sides were excellent, i particular lennons, jungles & peadars. Nippy had a fine game in MF, how he was not on the county panel last year defies belief, he would be a great HF option, certainly no worse than what was there last year....

Bring on the Ogs, I think the Harps will give them all they want & more in the fianl, should be a cracker....
heard the harps are going to bring back nudie hughes to take them for a few SESSIONS before the final  :D

nutsy--1

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 28, 2009, 01:25:04 PM
I wonder will JP start the final?

If the Harps win the championship JP would be very embarressed for leaving to join the ogs to win the champ.

stew

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 28, 2009, 12:31:28 PM
Well done to the lads saturday night, it was brilliant to see the harps back in a final, absolutely brilliant. The club was packed afterwards & its only after wins like that, that you realise how important the club is to everyone. I thought everyone gave 100%, Charlie Vernon played his best ever game for the harps & totally dominated Toner in the high catching stakes, he picked up breaking ball and drove hard at the granemore defence, simply magnificant. Even though it was a low scopring games, some of the points taken by both sides were excellent, i particular lennons, jungles & peadars. Nippy had a fine game in MF, how he was not on the county panel last year defies belief, he would be a great HF option, certainly no worse than what was there last year....

Bring on the Ogs, I think the Harps will give them all they want & more in the fianl, should be a cracker....

A Harps Ogs final would be a nightmare scenario as far as being a neutral as the games between these two tend to be dire, I am talking championship deciders mind you.

I hope the Ogs get bate and if they do I cannot see anything but a Harps victory, it would be great to win the first County Championship after Cross finally relinquished the crown, especially since the Ogs would have done all the hard work.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Abble

just after getting the 1st ogs/harps text joke here...harpo wont be impressed  :D

"Police are investigating two robberies in armagh city. Pearse ogs no. 11 Ronan clarke's house broke into, stolen 2 all-stars, 1 young player of year, 1 nat. league, 4 ulster sen. c'ship, 4 co. minor. Armagh Harps no. 11 Paul McKenna's house broken into - 2 teapots and a fork & knife stolen !!"

not hard to guess what faction it came from...keep them coming

nutsy--1

I was in the kitchen this morning when i heard someone cry for help outside. Of course i immediately ran out. A player form the ogs was being beaten to death before my eyes. Then the sheer scale of the horror hit me. Shit, my toast is burning.

BerfArmagh

hopefully Harpo will the last laugh when he has a SFC Medal in his back pocket in a few weeks time  ;)

rootthemout

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 29, 2009, 12:12:32 PM
hopefully Harpo will the last laugh when he has a SFC Medal in his back pocket in a few weeks time  ;)

frankie would be gutted,but im sure he wish his brother all the best ;D

rashCharacter

Ah well, at least they didn't take his all-ireland medal.

ITS KAAAT

Anybody interested buying a good luck sign for the club final.please ring the social club for details.
Thanks

Rufus T Firefly

CARD NIGHT IN THE CLUB

A Fundraising Poker Night for County Final Funds has been arranged for Saturday 10th October in the Social Club with an 8.30pm start.

The entrance fee is £20, and light refreshments will be served.

Please look out for Tickets and Posters that will come out in advance of the night.

The purchase of tickets will allow those Harps supporters who have no interest in playing the actual cards, an opportunity to support the event.

Please make as many people aware of this night as possible, as time is of the essence.

Skiddybadoo

This weekend sees both our Minors and Seniors in action. 
On Saturday (3rd October), in the Minor Football Championship, our U-18s face a stern challenge from Clan na Gael (this year's Minor League winners).  A great game is anticipated and throw-in is at 4.00pm in Abbey Park.  Attendance will also provide patrons with an early opportunity to purchase Club branded merchandise in the lead-up to the County Final.  With our Seniors having booked their final place this is an ideal opportunity to adorn your family in the Club colours as well as provide much appreciated support.

On Sunday our Seniors travel to their namesakes in Silverbridge in the ACL, and throw-in is at 2.00pm.

Good Luck Harps.

ITS KAAAT

Can all supporters please show there support this saturday 4pm at abbey p.k for the county minor Q.final.

who-r-ya

wat kinda merchandise is der  ???

Rufus T Firefly

Merchandise includes hats, flags and headbands!!   ;D

Also includes car flags - all are available from the Club.   

Rufus T Firefly

Forgot to add that there is also bunting for sale - the Shambles looked well yesterday with the new blue and white bunting up!!   :-*

Please also note that any supporter wishing to have their own name(s) up on a Harps sign - some of which will be going up around the City shortly - should contact Sean Powell in the Club, or any member of the Committee, with their details.