The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BerfArmagh on October 07, 2008, 11:46:49 AM
Rufus, Whats the story with the Gala in November. Any word on the itinerary?

Sorry Berfa - can't help you - the organising committee have promised a great evening with surprises in store, but are very secretive at the moment about their plans! 

Diet Coke

Good luck to the minors on Sunday...brings back happy memories.....beating Cross in 1985 ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

ogshead

Quote from: Diet Coke on October 16, 2008, 09:07:38 PM
Good luck to the minors on Sunday...brings back happy memories.....beating Cross in 1985 ;)

Could be a good omen that... Ogs won the senior that year too! What odds on it happening again?

BerfArmagh

Best of luck to our boys on sunday ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BerfArmagh on October 17, 2008, 12:13:40 PM
Best of luck to our boys on sunday ;D

Hear hear! All the best to Bronco and the management team and all the squad! Take her home lads.  8)

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Abble

unreal performance today from the minors. completely blew cross out of the water. i've never seen such a convincing all-round performance and annihilation in the minor final like that ever and to think that team loses only 2 lads for next year is scary !!

well done to all

brokencrossbar1

Well done to the Harps.  It is not often that Cross are blown out of the water and that is what happened today.  Thankfully from our point of view the main attraction was ours in the end up but this is a fantastic achievement for the Harps.  I hope that the club can now build on this and keep this team together and not let it fall by the wayside the way some of the underage teams in Harps have.

Once again a mighty comhghairdeas and enjoy yourselves,and best of luck in the St Paul's Tournament.  You can never bring enough Ulsters back to Armagh!

Diet Coke

Congrats to a great team performance.....especially harps no 11 well done and don't let it be your last honour ith Harps.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 19, 2008, 07:28:03 PM
Well done to the Harps.  It is not often that Cross are blown out of the water and that is what happened today.  Thankfully from our point of view the main attraction was ours in the end up but this is a fantastic achievement for the Harps.  I hope that the club can now build on this and keep this team together and not let it fall by the wayside the way some of the underage teams in Harps have.

Once again a mighty comhghairdeas and enjoy yourselves,and best of luck in the St Paul's Tournament.  You can never bring enough Ulsters back to Armagh!

Thanks for that BC - they are generous words and much appreciated.

Congratulations to Bronco and his management team - as young Coulter said in his victory speech - that position was seen as a poison chalice at the start of the year, so fair play to the management team. Didn't get to take details for any sort of report as I was late in  >:(, but by the time I arrived we were 5-0 to the good. We got to 7-2 and then scored a brilliant goal with a length of the field move, and continued to dominate. We were awarded a generous enough penalty which the half nearly up, but the Rangers keeper made an excellent save, turning the shot onto the post. However with time almost up we scored our second goal with a left foot lob to the net. Leading 2-11 to 0-02 at the interval Harps were now paying up the hill and into the wind and effectively sealed the game with a quick 1-1. From there to the end play was relatively scrappy with Rangers to be fair never giving up, but being denied any chance of goals by some great defensive play. Final score 3-15 to 0-05. 

That victory today was an absolutely tremendous lift for the Club, and was badly needed as we have struggled for silverware of late on the pitch.

That win extends Harps lead at the top of the minor roll of honour, and with all but two of the team minors next year, then hopefully further success might be in the offing!   8) 

ogshead

Well done today, was a great victory and at least somebody beat Cross today

BerfArmagh

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant, well done to the minor team in producing a sensational performance. A great victory... theres hope for the future  ;D

GerryFromDerry

Congrats to Cross. What a club!

Brokencrossbar could you post the 13 winning captains please?
Up the Shamrocks!

Handy

Awesome performance from the minors, congratulations to all involved.

bennydorano

AGM will be held on Tuesday 2nd December at 7.30pm.