FBD Connacht League 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, December 30, 2007, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

45GoneShort

Great to see we came to our sense's and withdrew the call for a replay.  There's a big difference in looking for a replay in an FBD league game than complaining over having to make 2 trips to London at great expense for a refixture.  Having said that I believe it was the players and not the management who were looking for the replay as far as i'm aware.  I'd be more concerned with the lack of experimentation being undertaking in this competition with only Emlyn Mulligan, James Glancy (Marys) and Pat Gilmartin getting any real game time. These players have played county before but it appears that Dessie Dolan is unprepared just as in other years to look beyond his first 17. There is definitely potential out there but a lack of real game time is frustrating for players. Having said that it's not all dome and gloom i'd expect us to beat Sligo tommorrow and go into the league and cause a few upsets which we are very capable of now that we appear to have a consistant free taker in the making Emlyn Mulligan.

mayo51

mayo 2.14 roscommon 2.8   f.t   mayo fail to qualify for final

GalwayBayBoy

ExiledGael

Joyce apparently given straight red, probably going to miss some of the NFL.

KIDDO

Redgreenery

Anyone at the game with a report??

According to midwest Mayo shot 17 wides which is not impressive, would like to know who was playing in defence. Dillon scored 7 points, he seems to be having good games in the FBD. Apparently Peadar Gardiner has found himself in the no.9 shirt.

Mayo are playing Westmeath in a challange match in Ballinrobe next Saturday evening at 6 30.

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 20, 2008, 06:23:17 PM
Joyce apparently given straight red, probably going to miss some of the NFL.

Straight red for a high frontal tackle on McTiernan of GMIT. Not a red card....yellow in my biased opinion  :) He's likely to get a month (if the ref reports it as striking) which would mean he would miss first couple of league games. It was about 2 mins after Mike Comer was forced off by a late hit after ball was released......paybacks a bitch as they say

Forwards lively enough today, especially Mike Meehan and Bane when both were introduced. Fiachra Breathnach has a decent game too

stephenite

Quote from: Rossfan on January 19, 2008, 11:48:28 AM
Quote from: stephenite on January 19, 2008, 12:03:47 AM
Ballaghaderren is in Mayo
IT IS NOT.
When new cars in Ballgh are registered MO,when Mayo Co Council fix their roads/footpaths/sewers etc,when Ballagh businesses start paying rates to Mayo Co Co,when Andy Moran and his family start supporting Mayo, when nobody in Ballagh support their native Co of Ros -
Then I will change the record.
Until then I will oppose the great unwashed as they espouse their mistruths.
As for the match on Sunday -another defeat for us I'm afraid.

What has any of that got to do with the GAA? Try www.politics.ie , and if Andy Moran really supported Roscommon he'd play for them, but we've been over this before.

MayoMan

Tubberman

Not the Ballagh debate again  ::)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

stephenite

Quote from: Tubberman on January 21, 2008, 08:29:48 AM

Sure those lads are never happy unless they're moaning :P

prewtna

Quote from: stephenite on January 20, 2008, 10:18:13 PM
Quote from: stephenite on January 19, 2008, 12:03:47 AM
Ballaghaderren is in Mayo
IT IS NOT.
When new cars in Ballgh are registered MO,when Mayo Co Council fix their roads/footpaths/sewers etc,when Ballagh businesses start paying rates to Mayo Co Co,when Andy Moran and his family start supporting Mayo, when nobody in Ballagh support their native Co of Ros -
Then I will change the record.
Until then I will oppose the great unwashed as they espouse their mistruths.
As for the match on Sunday -another defeat for us I'm afraid.

What has any of that got to do with the GAA? Try www.politics.ie , and if Andy Moran really supported Roscommon he'd play for them, but we've been over this before.

did ye know andy moran has already played for roscommon? i played against him and the sheepstealers in an U-18 soccer match about 6 years ago somewhere in roscommon i cant remember where. he roamed around the midfield and tried to boss things. he was handy enough but no legend at it.  it was a good decision for him to stick with the O'Neills size 5 and Mayo instead of the Mitre size 5 of roscommon.

rosnarun

Quote from: Tubberman on January 21, 2008, 08:29:48 AM

Can we not just call it the occupied territoies and have done with it . same for goes  tourmakeady but nobody seems to want it back
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Quote from: stephenite on January 20, 2008, 10:18:13 PM
if Andy Moran really supported Roscommon he'd play for them
Under GAA rules he can't unless he moves to another club and has a genuines address there.
When we tried to form a separate club for the pro Ros people in Ballagh  - Mayo/Galway and effin Laythrum voted it down.
Andy Moran played for Mayo in the Connacht Minor Final in 2001 and afterwards donned his primrose and blue jersey to support his native County in the Senior final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

And while ye are at it - Tom Parsons is a Sligo man!