Nintendo DS

Started by southdown, December 30, 2007, 10:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Do you need to download the latest software for the R4 cards to play the latest DS games?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 09, 2010, 02:53:53 AM
Do you need to download the latest software for the R4 cards to play the latest DS games?

Bump de bump.

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 22, 2010, 10:27:57 AM

Bump de bump.

Those R4 cards are very strange, there no longer seems to be an official firmware for them but loads of unofficial ones that all claim some kind of officialness.  Long story short is yes you do but its not the simplest thing to find the right one you are after.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: David McKeown on December 22, 2010, 10:32:17 AM

Bump de bump.

Those R4 cards are very strange, there no longer seems to be an official firmware for them but loads of unofficial ones that all claim some kind of officialness.  Long story short is yes you do but its not the simplest thing to find the right one you are after.

True. The site I bought the card off has firmware on it from 2008, but looking to update for the latest games Toy Story 3 etc.

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 22, 2010, 10:50:23 AM

Bump de bump.

True. The site I bought the card off has firmware on it from 2008, but looking to update for the latest games Toy Story 3 etc.

I updated mine around the start of the summer and touch wood havent had a problem playing anything since.  That said it took me ages to get the correct firmware and I havent played much since anyway.  Ill see if I can find the firmware I used and pm you with it
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: David McKeown on December 22, 2010, 11:33:12 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 22, 2010, 10:50:23 AM

Bump de bump.

I updated mine around the start of the summer and touch wood havent had a problem playing anything since.  That said it took me ages to get the correct firmware and I havent played much since anyway.  Ill see if I can find the firmware I used and pm you with it

Good man. Thanks.

StGallsGAA

Just bought the wee one a DSi. 

Anyone know where I can pick up one of those cards with pre-loaded games for it?

thanks

Megaman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 22, 2010, 01:31:42 PM

Anyone know where I can pick up one of those cards with pre-loaded games for it?

thanks

Where & what price did you get it for st galls, heading now to get one for my son.

also interested in the card if anyone knows.

StGallsGAA

£94 in Sainsburys for a black one.

illdecide

How do u play the DS on line? i got my daughter SuperMario and i believe there is an option on it to play against Mario or Luigi depending who u pick and I'll assume with other games you can play against others on line.

If someone could guide me on what settings is needed to play on line (if possible)...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 22, 2010, 01:31:42 PM

thanks

http://www.consolemodz.com/productmain.asp?ID=173
http://www.m3adapter.com/Products.htm

tbrick18

The R4 cards have evolved along with the DS.
There is an R4 which works with the DS Lite, and the new R4i which works with DSi and DS Lite.
If you have a DSi with an R4 card it wont work no matter what firmware you have.

STREET FIGHTER

Lads is it worth getting a DS??

Very tempted to purchase these last few days.

I dont have the excuse of having any children.

Dougal Maguire

I've a black one which I'd sell you for £65 + p&p. It's in perfect nick
Careful now

pintsofguinness

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 03, 2011, 10:17:32 PM
Lads is it worth getting a DS??

Very tempted to purchase these last few days.

I dont have the excuse of having any children.
Depends.
Mine's rarely looked at when I've the xbox within reach but it clocked up some hours over the last week or so when I was at home particularly since there was nothing on the tv!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?