Thomas Davis Lose

Started by dublinfella, December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Text from TD board member in court.

Details as I get them.

bingobus

What was the score? Very unusual to be playing this time of year.   ;)

lynchbhoy

well in a way thats good news,
Once shamrock rovers get this gov funded stadium
we will be able to ask for all our provincial stadia to be refurbished and payed for by the Gov - as well as the new centre of excellence in Rathcoole paid for too.

A dangerous precedent is about to be set by the gov.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM
Text from TD board member in court. 

more likely a fellow rovers supporter than a TD board member I'd say....

dublinfella

No leave to appeal. Costs decided Jan 18.

Very damning comments from the judge apparently.

INDIANA

good that'll be last we hear from you. Adiios.

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 14, 2007, 11:14:41 AM
we will be able to ask for all our provincial stadia to be refurbished and payed for by the Gov - as well as the new centre of excellence in Rathcoole paid for too.

at least someone is being pragmatic. why the DCB didnt take that approach initally when they were offered matching funds is beyond me

Tankie

Quote from: dublinfella on December 14, 2007, 11:20:03 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 14, 2007, 11:14:41 AM

at least someone is being pragmatic. why the DCB didnt take that approach initally when they were offered matching funds is beyond me

Does anyone really care tho? I only backed TD because I don't think rovers deserve to get a free statium. But in the long term i don't see this having any major effect on either club as all the soccer boys in Tallaght watch the English soccer anyway and it appear the only ones that will go to a rovers game are the scumbags looking for a fight.

As for the GAA i think you are either a soccer or GAA family and that will decide what you play.
Grand Slam Saturday!

darbyo

Well that's fair enough, I argued(as did many others) that TD had a case and it should be heard. Now they've lost, so for TD and all other interested parties it is time to move on. I've no real interest in SR but I hope that they and all the GAA clubs in that area can successfully co-exist. I'm sure the population is big enough for them all to get what they need.

his holiness nb

Beleive it or not, I didnt really care about the outcome at the start of these debates, I did change my mind having seen the comments of the Rovers fans on here, and more so the comments on their ultras website. A very unsavoury bunch.

At least its over now and we dont have to listen to long winded rants / debates anymore.
An early christmas present for the board  ;)

Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

If it's true, then I agree with the sentiment here that Thomas Davis have had their day out in court and lost. They've made their point and argued their case, and lost. Time to move on now.

On a side note, regarding refusing leave to appeal. I'm no Perry Mason, but how is it allowed that a judge can deny leave to appeal? Can some of the legal minds on here enlighten me? I only ask because if I remember rightly, that Joe O'Reilly lad was denied leave as well, but is preparing an appeal which will be heard in the new year. What does "Denied Leave to Appeal" actually mean? It sounds as if the judge is saying, I've ruled, now don't dare question me to anybody else.

(I'm not saying TD should appeal by the way)

tayto

Agreed. Like it or not TD had every right to make their case.
Of course certain people don't get that but there you go. What do you expect.
I'd wish rovers good luck but their 'fans' have put me right off the whole organisation.

Leave of appeal isn't what it says on the tin. legal mumbo jumbo. You can appeal alright.
Dont think TD should bother at this stage.

Tankie

atleast now if a soccer club ever wants to use a gaa ground we can tell them to fock off and not get abuse for not being sporting
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tankie on December 14, 2007, 11:41:49 AM
atleast now if a soccer club ever wants to use a gaa ground we can tell them to fock off and not get abuse for not being sporting

Dont kid yourself Tankie, the likes of the Rovers fans we have had on here will always give us abuse, albeit in the secrecy of their ultras site where you will be banned for daring to disagree with anything.
Makes me really appreciative of this site, one of the few sporting sites where the opinions of all sorts and all sides of every issue are aired without banning for not towing the party line.
From experience of other sites, this is rare.
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2007, 11:36:40 AM
If it's true, then I agree with the sentiment here that Thomas Davis have had their day out in court and lost. They've made their point and argued their case, and lost. Time to move on now.

On a side note, regarding refusing leave to appeal. I'm no Perry Mason, but how is it allowed that a judge can deny leave to appeal? Can some of the legal minds on here enlighten me? I only ask because if I remember rightly, that Joe O'Reilly lad was denied leave as well, but is preparing an appeal which will be heard in the new year. What does "Denied Leave to Appeal" actually mean? It sounds as if the judge is saying, I've ruled, now don't dare question me to anybody else.

(I'm not saying TD should appeal by the way)

To appeal to the Supreme Court they would have to prove it is the 'national interest' to be heard. Its not.

Intersting that all the TD backers on here 'don't really care' despite vociferous defence of them. You had better start caring as costs here are in the low millions.