The Hypocritical GAA Thread

Started by behind the wire, December 06, 2007, 03:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Jinxy on December 06, 2007, 05:04:12 PM
For 1 session! That's a f*cking joke. More fool the clubs that hand it over.

Its fecking crazy Jinxy some trainers are making a small fortune
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Captain Scarlet

Lads who sit on rules committees and then will go to court if it affects their county.
You never see an IRFU lad introducing a rule and then looking for loopholes after.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ludermor

I know of one trainer getting 150/session who was with a cavan club and a wicklow club at the same time. He was surely doing 2/3 sessions per week plus a match or 2. Of course that is not to say that he was declaring this to the taxman  ;)

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

FTJC

This is turning...alot of clubs are refusing to pay anyone in future as they have found to their detriment that paying a trainer doesn't necessarily gaurantee success

saffron sam2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 06, 2007, 05:13:29 PM
Lads who sit on rules committees and then will go to court if it affects their county.
You never see an IRFU lad introducing a rule and then looking for loopholes after.

People who attempt to get players off suspensions on technicalities, knowing full well that their players are guilty.

That's you Tyrone, Armagh and Derry folk.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

clubs and counties and players who do not accept the rulings of the various GAA disciplinary councils and take their case to the courts and look for injunctions on suspensions or the playing of matches (loking towards antrim ,cork, tipp and Na Fianna Dublin in particular)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 08, 2007, 09:35:44 AM
clubs and counties and players who do not accept the rulings of the various GAA disciplinary councils and take their case to the courts and look for injunctions on suspensions or the playing of matches (loking towards antrim ,cork, tipp and Na Fianna Dublin in particular)
and cullyhanna armagh - though that was too the ulster council.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: behind the wire on December 06, 2007, 04:42:33 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 06, 2007, 04:37:29 PM
Managers getting paid annual salaries
Players getting joining on fees, jobs and pay for play in America/Canada etc

definitely lynchbhoy. all very valid points except the point about jobs. if someone wants to give someone a job for whatever reason it is up to them, gaa can do nothing about it.

under rule 11 its called in kind.

Maximus Marillius

volunteering sec positions for the past 100 years now being made into full time paid posts...and then saying players should not get grants

University players getting grants to play football/hurling........ or free accomdation,payment in kind under rule 11

GAA people who turn up at public meeting giving pout about pay for play but their own club paying managers.  I assume that they are that pissed of with their club they have resigned their membership.

Full time paid coaches replacing the volunteering that tecahers gave to coaching kids after school time

the new trend...clubs having full time coaches, to replace the volunteers that coach the children at the club....now if that doesn't f**k up the rule 11 I'm a monkeys uncle....

the ship stinks doesn't it.

CSC

I have no problem with Student Grants but the grants should go to accomadation and fees and not personal gain. Especially if the students have to sacrafice part time jobs for training and still have to pay bills. University football is important in GAA players development so it should be protected. However, the whole grants system should be controlled under a central monitoring group ensuring that the grants aren't being abused by the universities . In the states the NCAA have clear guidelines and the system appears to work well.

Regarding full time adminstrators, I again have no problem with that, as my club fields football, hurling, comogie and ladies football, and all matches, friendlies, insurance issues, pitch bookings are all processed by one man. Now he doesn't get paid for it and he admits that it takes up all his evenings, (5-6 days a week) so I can understand bigger clubs / counties creating full time posts to ensure all the jobs are completed on time.

Regarding managers, totally agree. You can't complain about grants and turn a blind eye to managers payments.

Lastely, Regarding grants, I see no issue with grants if it is understood that if the government cut the funding then the gaa are not entitled to pick up the slack. The GAA expenses is base around travel expenses, the grant system for me constitutes loss of earnings expenses.

What I do have a problem with is the GPA repersenting the county players only. They pursue issues for county players have give no consideration for the clubs. For example, when the GPA was first founded they pushed for more championship games. The GAA obliged and the current system was implemented that is geared up for county competitions and has had a serious determint to the club game (the club players training during the summer with very little games to play).

This new organization should campaign that this imbalance should be addressed, and they will be a a far stronger position than the GPA to make changes.

orangeman

Dessie Farrell and the GPA represent the single biggest threat to the GAA as we know it today.

behind the wire

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 08, 2007, 06:39:22 PM

definitely lynchbhoy. all very valid points except the point about jobs. if someone wants to give someone a job for whatever reason it is up to them, gaa can do nothing about it.

max an employer can give a person a job for whatever reason he sees fit. it has nothing to do with the gaa or rule 11. if someone wants to give me a job because they like the gaa team i play for that is their lookout. i really cant see how that has anything to do with rule 11.

what does come under rule 11 is receiving money for no other reason than playing gaelic games ie pay for play/ grants/ call it whatever you like. the fact that you can say that the grant is ok but a member of the public giving a person a job is in breach of rule 11 simply shows how stupid your argument basis actually is.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: behind the wire on December 10, 2007, 09:28:23 AM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 08, 2007, 06:39:22 PM

max an employer can give a person a job for whatever reason he sees fit. it has nothing to do with the gaa or rule 11. if someone wants to give me a job because they like the gaa team i play for that is their lookout. i really cant see how that has anything to do with rule 11.

what does come under rule 11 is receiving money for no other reason than playing gaelic games ie pay for play/ grants/ call it whatever you like. the fact that you can say that the grant is ok but a member of the public giving a person a job is in breach of rule 11 simply shows how stupid your argument basis actually is.

an employer can give a gaa footballer a job if he sees fit. An business man (employer) can give a manager a job also. A government can give a sportsman grants also. Does any of this fall under rule 11...I'll leave it with you to figure out as your the brains around here!

behind the wire

a government can give an athlete a grant if it wishes, correct. however im sure this would be subject to the rules of the association the athlete belonged to. so id say this could come under rule 11.

someone giving someone a job for whatever reason is nothing to do with the gaa. it concerns a persons working life ie what they do for a living. therefore nothing to do with rule 11.

***managers are being paid. this is downright wrong as i have already said many times.

now i dont think it takes much brains to understand what i have just said.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest