Paul Galvin- Kerry Captain

Started by bcarrier, November 11, 2007, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiarraiAbu

Congrats Paul on becoming the new Kerry captain. It was officially announced on Saturday night at the awarding of this years All Ireland medals. Darragh and Mike Frank picked up their fifth Celtic Cross, not bad going considering they are playing in the time of Northern Dominance and of course we cannot forget that Kerry haven't won minor or under 21 in years!! ;)
"Its the way Kerry people answer back" - Captain Declan O' Sullivan 2007

Jinxy

Quote from: orangeman on November 12, 2007, 10:45:43 PM
I tell you what - he made up for breaking his leg by giving a virtuoso display that - poor Pat Holmes etc etc -

Am I right in saying that Maurice and Paidi never really saw eye to eye ? Did Maurice's talent and attitude go against the grain with Paidi ?

It's unlikely that anyone with a brain in their head would ever see eye to eye with Paidi.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Quote from: CiarraiAbu on December 03, 2007, 12:26:05 PM
Congrats Paul on becoming the new Kerry captain. It was officially announced on Saturday night at the awarding of this years All Ireland medals. Darragh and Mike Frank picked up their fifth Celtic Cross, not bad going considering they are playing in the time of Northern Dominance and of course we cannot forget that Kerry haven't won minor or under 21 in years!! ;)

What northern dominance? No Ulster teams have been in the semi-finals fo the past 2 years - when 2 of those all-ireland were won. Not trying to take away from this achievement in any way, but to be realistic, it's a period of Kerry dominance, not Northern dominance.

Rav67

the destroyer

in fiarness to paul no, hes came throw alot of abuse in his time, an i no that talking to him personally it can have an efect on those around him although he doesnt get bothered by it himself.

thon boy is a cute heure all the same, hes not as green as he his cabbage lookin il tell ye that much

Maguire01

red hander

Will he have to decapitate someone before a referee has the balls to send him off at Croke Park?

his holiness nb

Quote from: red hander on December 05, 2007, 04:49:07 PM
Will he have to decapitate someone before a referee has the balls to send him off at Croke Park?

Did you copy and paste this from a Ciaran Whelan thread?

Galvin is exactly the sort of player to inspire his fellow players. Blood and thunder, 100% commitment.
Fair play.
Ask me holy bollix

doodaa

Im glad Paul Galvin will be captain next year i think he is one oif the best players in kerry, does a lot of the donkey work but kerry wouldnt be the same without him....
Not afraid to mix it up with anyone thats what you want from a captain no fear of anything and he'll do well.....

If Derry dont win Sam then i hope Kerry do just to see him lift Sam.

Kerry Mike

2006 - Declan O'Sullivan

2007 - Declan O'Sullivan

And a look into the future................

2008 - Paul Galvin

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

QuoteWill he have to decapitate someone before a referee has the balls to send him off at Croke Park?

Oh ye of short memories, he was sent off agin Armagh in 2006 in Croker, after an altercation with John Tool the Orange clad water boy about the quality of his water bottles. But there was no doubting Galvin's bottle. T'was a great day.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mike Sheehy

QuoteOh ye of short memories, he was sent off agin Armagh in 2006 in Croker, after an altercation with John Tool the Orange clad water boy about the quality of his water bottles. But there was no doubting Galvin's bottle. T'was a great day.

Dont mind Red Hander KM. He and his ilk still whinge about the 1996 semi v Meath.....the poor little dears.

mackers

Yea, he really showed his class that day, told John "Tool" to get off the pitch as he was a "cripple" and John "Tool" left him sporting a shiner that was still evident in semi final.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

red hander

'Dont mind Red Hander KM. He and his ilk still whinge about the 1996 semi v Meath.....the poor little dears. '

Not as much as youse boys whinge about your humiliations in 2003 and 2005 ... ah, sure maybe I'll write a book about 1996

SuperDooperCooper

Galvin was more sinned against than sinning in that incident from 2006.
John Toal should not have been on the pitch yet he succeed in getting a Kerry player sent off.
I watched the game again a few months ago, cracking match – Darragh O'Se (indeed the whole O'Se Clan) at his majestic best.
I got a Christmas present of the photo of Francis on the ground with Donaghy scoring the goal – a class photo.
Galvin does sail close to the wind but I do not think there is a team in Ireland that would say no to him.
As for the humiliation in 2003 & 2005 - we may have got over that by winning three out of the last four all-Irelands.