Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Lads I thought he was definitely beat, but a lot of the rounds were close enough. We have seen this sort of thing before favouring the champ. Not saying its right, but it didn't surprise me.

nrico2006

It was a close fight and Catteral could have done more in the last 3/4 rounds to make certain.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

toby47

I definitely thought Catteral won aswell, but i couldn't believe the commentators how far they had him in front. It was a shite fight with a lot of close, scrappy rounds. Didn't have him 5/6 ahead the way the commentators had it, but still just ahead.

ONeill

Bookies are giving Leigh Wood a chance against Conlan tomorrow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

#7069
Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2022, 06:53:57 PM
Bookies are giving Leigh Wood a chance against Conlan tomorrow.

He has a good chance, first live fighter that Conlan has fought.  Only for the WBA Regular belt though, not a real world title.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tintin25

Don't really rate Conlon at all...wouldn't be surprised if Wood wins

bennydorano

Hope Conlon wins but i wouldn't be a big believer myself.

JimStynes

Conlon doesn't look like he has any power in his punches at all!

ONeill

Tomorrow will tell a tale. If he heads into this lad's territory and puts on a show, he might get some kind of a decent title chance.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jim Bob

Imagine.,,..this is for  the WBA featherweight championship of the World. The exact same title that McGuigsn won in 85. Some difference in hype...it was massive back then...unlike now.

ONeill

Is it the same?

There seems to be a super champ and a regular champ.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2022, 11:27:48 PM
Is it the same?

There seems to be a super champ and a regular champ.

Santa Cruz is the proper WBA Champion.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Kidder81

I assume there has hardly been a peep about this fight is due to Conlan fighting for Daniel Kinahan ?

nrico2006

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 12, 2022, 10:18:46 AM
I assume there has hardly been a peep about this fight is due to Conlan fighting for Daniel Kinahan ?

Seems to be enough coverage considering the title and profile of the fighters involved. Don't know if Kinahan has any role to play in anything Conlan does and he definitely doesn't fight for him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

toby47

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 12, 2022, 12:24:12 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on March 12, 2022, 10:18:46 AM
I assume there has hardly been a peep about this fight is due to Conlan fighting for Daniel Kinahan ?

Seems to be enough coverage considering the title and profile of the fighters involved. Don't know if Kinahan has any role to play in anything Conlan does and he definitely doesn't fight for him.

Kinahan has a big role to play in what Conlan does.

Jeez Conlan looked like an awful tit at the weigh in, wearing a pair of those 1euro sunglasses you get in Bundoran & mouthing like a clown. The more i see of him the more I'm not mad about him.

Obviously still hope he wins but a couple of years ago I found him more likeable.