Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Anyone know of any buses going to Clones from Town?

tierworker blue

Best of luck to the lads...see ye all in Clones!

anglocelt39

Marvellous and congratulations to all invovled
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

CC1

"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Denn Forever

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 17, 2011, 03:21:36 PM
Quote from: Dougal on July 17, 2011, 03:15:28 PM
all over,cavan win by 3,congrats to all involved.2 provincial underage titles this year,were on the up.  ;D

cavan v galway
armagh v roscommon

Where will those quarter finals be?  Double header in Pearse park?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tommysmith

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 17, 2011, 03:29:05 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 17, 2011, 03:21:36 PM
Quote from: Dougal on July 17, 2011, 03:15:28 PM
all over,cavan win by 3,congrats to all involved.2 provincial underage titles this year,were on the up.  ;D

cavan v galway
armagh v roscommon

Where will those quarter finals be?  Double header in Pearse park?

Are you going to go to it?

cavanmaniac

Savage stuff! I could only watch it on Northern Sound so my knowledge of what may have happened in the actual game is limited but it sounds like we started like a train, ran out of ideas a bit but rallied well at half time and eventually made our supremacy count on the scoreboard. Reigning Ulster minor and U21 champions puts a very positive shine on what has at times been a very bleak year.

Massive congratultions to all involved and well done, I'm like a pig in shit right now.

rodney trotter

Well done to the Minors, brillant win today in Clones.. They started off very well with 5 points on board  and then armagh took over and scored 1-6 without reply to go 4 ahead at half time.. In the second half it was all Cavan the defence was rock solid.. Conor Smith was very good along with Killian Clark, Ciaran Brady has a brillant game at wing back, the two Grahams were outstanding, andrew graham kicked 4 or 5 from play.. Conor Finnegan was also a handful and kicked 2 points and unlucky not to have at least one goal the subs were very good when they came on especially Nevan o donnell he is a class act, he will be starting the next day i think.. Great all round team performance, they didn't give Armagh a sniff in the second half, the defence kept there cool and made very few mistakes.. 2 underage ulsters in the one year is fantastic..Playing Galway now in the 1/4finals,.

put-it-up-again

Hats off to everyone involved. I don't think anyone expected them to get to a final, never mind win it. Remarkable after so many years of no success we win two underage titles in one year. A Cavan double in Minor and u21. How many people would have laughed if you were told that would happen in January?

You would hope these two teams have given confidence to all the youth coming through in the county and hopefullly we can be competitive from now on. We sure as well ain't going to win doubles every year but be great to know we are always in with a shout instead of some of the shite that has gone on over the years.

The backs for Cavan today were absolutely outstanding. Clarke and Sankey were brilliant and Gerard Smith and Ciaran Brady were a credit. Both the latter two are underage again next year. At least from the 21's and minors we can see we have real defenders coming through, who enjoy defending and are happy to be there and be a nuisance. Work-rate all over the field today was excellent. No matter what the result is, once you see 15 lads busting a gut for one another in the blue jersey you cannot complain. The honest they showed today was fantastic to watch though I did expect more from Armagh.

The problem now is how do we translate these two massive underage successes to the Senior team...Talk about the million dollar question.  ::)

Babe Ruth 47

Revenge for the U21 final would be particularly sweet.

boojangles

Absolutely delighted. Congrats and Well Done to all involved. Brilliant team display built on superb defensive performances from Clarke, Sankey,Brady and Conor and Gerard Smith. If these lads had folded after half time it was game over but they battled for everything and eventually we turned the screw.
Changes made worked very well and O Donnell in particular is some impact sub to be able to bring on.
Galway up next and no reason why this team should fear anybody.

boojangles

Absolutely delighted. Congrats and Well Done to all involved. Brilliant team display built on superb defensive performances from Clarke, Sankey,Brady and Conor and Gerard Smith. If these lads had folded after half time it was game over but they battled for everything and eventually we turned the screw.
Changes made worked very well and O Donnell in particular is some impact sub to be able to bring on.
Galway up next and no reason why this team should fear anybody.

mylestheslasher

Just like to repeat what everyone else has already said and congratulate the minors on a super win. We made a great start but once Armagh came back into it it was always going to be tight. The 2nd half was a superb performance only let down by some poor decision making but I suppose it was the first time for these guys on the big stage and the nerves were surely at them. The 2nd half performance was built on lording midfield where we must have picked up 80% possession, a huge work ethic starting at ff line and especially an outstanding performance by our fb line. Clarke from Shercock was immense as were conor smith (not bad for a lad only on the panel a couple of weeks and a hot tip from the boys in the know ;)) and shankey. Its great to see Cavan teams going out and sweating blood for the cause, up until this year I was beginning to wonder was all lost. If only the senior team could be got to do the same. No reason these lads can't get there feet on the ground and go even further.