Rugby World Cup Final: Who will you be cheering for?

Started by Star Spangler, October 19, 2007, 05:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who'll win it?

England
11 (25.6%)
South Africa
32 (74.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Star Spangler

I'll be shouting for South Africa - but that's only because my better half is South African born and bred.  Otherwise it would be England.  :P

the Deel Rover

Definately south Africa i nearly got sick listening  to Will Greenwood on UTV last Sunday going on About how great it was that England were in the Final. i hope they get hammered imagine if they win oh my god we would never hear the end of it.   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

TORGAEL

Praying that South Africa win. couldnt be bothered listening to all that shite for the next 4 years if england were to win......it doesnt bear thinking about

deiseach

My better half is as English as real ale, and I'm still cheering for Sud Afrika.

SammyG

Quote from: deiseach on October 19, 2007, 06:09:44 PM
My better half is as English as real ale, and I'm still cheering for Sud Afrika.

What he said^^^^^^

Tankie

I think cheering for the ref is best as both these teams i hate equally. England have also been good to Irish Rugby tho!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

inisceithleann

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 19, 2007, 05:29:03 PM
Definately south Africa i nearly got sick listening  to Will Greenwood on UTV last Sunday going on About how great it was that England were in the Final. i hope they get hammered imagine if they win oh my god we would never hear the end of it.  

The guys in my office although typically cocky realise that they're massive underdogs and shouldn't on paper win, but as I told them today that if they win having beaten Australia, France and South Africa, they will have fully deserved no matter how sickening it'll be having to listen to them. Their defeat in the football on Wednesday has quietened them down a bit the last few days thank God.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

CiKe

please god south africa, I backed them from the start of the tournament when there wasn't a peep out of colleagues in the office (work in london). The thought of England coming through makes me sick to the stomach to think of the abuse I would take in the office - people don't understand me suporting South Africa, sure if was Ireland they would all be cheering us on...I pointed out that none of them would cheer for scotland though and that quitened them down a bit.

I'll be out to buy a South African top tomorrow just to wear in the pub tomorrow night and in the office next Friday (provided they hammer them of course....otherwise it won't see the light of day here again for a while!)

ONeill

England all the way. Remind me of George Graham's Arsenal of 91-94 vintage. How do you spot an Arsenal supporter? He has a frown from studying the off-side trap for a decade. Serious.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I get the feeling that oul Kenny's been on the ether.

Swing low.

Low and Hard.

Like a terrier's tool.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

john mcgill

I'll cheer for England.  A lot of my friends are English and as I get older my friends and their feelings mean more to me than any old prejudice I previously had (or still have)

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Redgreenery

Supporting South Africa!! Very happy to see a close final though.

passedit

Feel sorry for Blighty gave it their all, didn't get the bounce of the ball.

Bunch of oul fellas raging against the dying of the light, what's not to like?
Don't Panic

Cloc Mor

Why the f**k did it take so long to present the cup?  The most elongated and obscure presentation I have ever seen.