Do you think Kilinascully is good solid comical entertainment?

Started by From the Bunker, October 08, 2007, 06:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Kilinascully is good solid comical entertainment?

Yes
No

From the Bunker

Not to put down one of our own but i find Kilinascully very poor TV. I realise that it is a family show but there seems to be no jokes with any substance, in fact there seems to be no Jokes full-stop. It has replaced Glenroe as RTE TV viewing on a Sunday before the News and has settled neatly into the (boring) comfort zone that series had.

AZOffaly

I thought the first series was excellent, but that it went downhill fairly quickly after that. This series as least seems to have a bit better plotlines (The tinkers trying to breed a thoroughbred with one of their mares, the bypass etc) but is still very forced at this stage.

I still watch it though, because I find moments quite funny, and more importantly I head out to Ryan's pub in Killoscully for a pint every so often (It's the inside of Jacksie's bar in Killinascully) and is a nice spot for a quiet pint when there are visitors around. They never show the pool table though :D

his holiness nb

Some very funny bits, a lot of not at all funny bits.

Saw the one when the young lads were taking on Bally at the hurling the other week, that was a funny one.
Ask me holy bollix

From the Bunker

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 08, 2007, 08:18:41 PM
Some very funny bits, a lot of not at all funny bits.

Saw the one when the young lads were taking on Bally at the hurling the other week, that was a funny one.

Saw that a year or so ago. Alot of tired old cliches!

MauriceMalpas

Agree. Actually find it a bit retarded to be honest.
A handful of jokes rehashed over and over.
Is he still "draining the spuds"?  ::)

mannix

From the Bunker

Did someone say bed.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz