best place to eat in belfast??

Started by kinghen, September 28, 2007, 01:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

The Canal Court is hard to whack for steak but last I checked it wasn't in Belfast.

Does anyone else find that restaurant's never really cook steak to your order. It is nearly always a grade pinker than what you order. If I order medium-rare it comes rare or if order medium comes medium-rare. Maybe it's me that is wrong?!

Balboa

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 28, 2007, 01:45:11 PM
The Canal Court is hard to whack for steak but last I checked it wasn't in Belfast.

Does anyone else find that restaurant's never really cook steak to your order. It is nearly always a grade pinker than what you order. If I order medium-rare it comes rare or if order medium comes medium-rare. Maybe it's me that is wrong?!

If you were in Ethiopia you would be glad of it, medium rare or not......

Tony Baloney

Aye but in Ethiopia they aren't paying £15-£20 for a steak!!  :P

Donagh

kinghen

i like it a wee bt rarer, i go med-rare myself and like it closer to rare than medium, i think they do that because if they make the mistake the other way they cant rectify it. i,e if you ask med-rare and it comes out rare they can wack it back on for a minute or two!!

theres a place i used to work in warrenpoint, they serve the steak on a hot stone, it is basically rare when it comes out and you cook it yourself to your liking, you can just cut off wee bits at a time and then eat them as you like.

it always garauntees that its cooked to your liking, but sort of defeats the purpose of eating out as your paying to cook your own food.

double edged sword really!!

parttimeexile

The best place to eat is scalinis in botanic. I eat out a lot in belfast and have always been really pleased with the food in there.

girt_giggler

Olio (behind Robinsons, beside Travelodge). Never had a bad feed in it. Doesnt look like much on the outside, very nice decor in the inside & reasonable.

laceer

medium well steak should have a small line of pink through it and well done a smaller line.for no pink in a steak it should be ordered very well done.so i was told by a chef recently

umgolaarmagh

6 Wellesley Ave does a fine steak

Also do pidgeon if your into that

nifan

AM/PM on Botanic av is nice
Red Square in the city centre is good
Bo Tree is a good Thai restauraunt

wasnt impressed with Tony Romas that much

Our Nail Loney

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on September 28, 2007, 04:33:44 PM
I was in Villa Italia last night. Good grub!

Suppose you had all day to decide where to go and eat.

Rav67

118cmal

why has no-one mentioned temps on botanic avenue?

If you really wanna impress this girl i recommend temps.  The chicken is so tender and the pizzas are second to none.

tyssam5

Mourne Seafood bar and Ginger.

Former had impeccable seafood and excellent Guinness, latter Asian type fare, top quality.