What to do with GAA memorabilia.

Started by Hardy, September 28, 2007, 12:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Would I be right in guessing that Limerick Nomad is better known here under another name?

Anyway, as of now, the collection is not for sale unless and until the owner decides that's what she wants to do with it and, since she's offered it to me, I'm guessing that's not what she wants.

O'Neill, as I've pointed out a number of times, I don't yet have possession of the material, so your suggestion is currently unfeasible.

armaghniac

QuoteO'Neill, as I've pointed out a number of times, I don't yet have possession of the material, so your suggestion is currently unfeasible.

if you are planning to implement O'Neill's typically sophisticated Tyrone suggestion, you could ask only to look at the tickets rather than the programmes and other stuff.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

I just hope there are no old Blackthorn boots with the 3/4" cogs.

Hardy

I've checked and the late departed owner of the material was from Belfast, so I suppose we can assume there's a lot of yella stuff in it.

Over the Bar

QuoteI've checked and the late departed owner of the material was from Belfast, so I suppose we can assume there's a lot of yella stuff in it.

Does the box smell of diesel at all?  If so I'd say theres a few armagh programmes in it too. 

turk

Quote from: Hardy on September 28, 2007, 04:34:00 PM
Would I be right in guessing that Limerick Nomad is better known here under another name?

I would think he only posts as himself Hardy but is active mostly over on An fear rua

Hardy

My mistake. I had a well-known poster under suspicion!

It occurred to me that I should clarify this:
I've checked and the late departed owner of the material was from Belfast, so I suppose we can assume there's a lot of yella stuff in it.
I meant saffron, as in Antrim-related stuff, rather than any innuendo as to what might be in the box!

Over the Bar

QuoteI meant saffron, as in Antrim-related stuff, rather than any innuendo as to what might be in the box!

No point digging a hole for yourself Your pervyness is already exposed! :-\

Louth Exile

There are plenty of good ideas re: the GAA museum, donating to clubs and counties related to the collection.

I hoard programmes, tickets and other items myself, but I'd say that at least 90% of it has no monetary and personally I am only interested in items where I attended the game/event myself.

It would be interesting to see what is in the collection, you should post it up on the site once you receive. Maybe a GAABoard charity auction!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

john mcgill

I've always thought that every county should have an archive or museum of GAA memorabilia.  I know of one Armagh man who passed away two years ago, God be good to him, and he had a great collection of Armagh and other counties' programmes, photos, autographs and jerseys.  Stuff like that should be on display. 

southdown

My uncle gave me the programme from Downs first AI victory in 1960, i would think it mught be worth a bit

southdown

Hardstation, lets form a collection!

Nomad, just out of interest, what would the going rate be for that 1957 programme?

the destroyer