Other than Gaelic Football and Hurling, what is the most popular team sport in y

Started by From the Bunker, September 24, 2007, 06:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Other than Gaelic Football and Hurling, what is the most popular team sport in you area?

Soccer
27 (87.1%)
Rugby
3 (9.7%)
Basketball
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

From the Bunker

I'll add options as they arise. Contrary to the beliefs of Michael O'Muiratheaght that Basketball is the second game in Mayo (Probably because of McHale and McGarrity for team Merry Monk Ballina). Soccer is second.

Gabriel_Hurl

Ice Hockey - is the religion

Gaelic Football is way down the list!

his holiness nb

Soccer, less popular than footbal though, hurling doesnt register here.
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Soccer is probably the most popular in the area i grew up in,My area was and is mostly hurling though,our senior hurlers are in the County semi final for the second year running
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Redgreenery

No other club than GAA in the area, think some young lads go a few miles to the nearest soccer club though, so soccer is after both Gaeilic Football and Hurling.

Galwaybhoy

Sadly nothing other than hurling in my area.  Would love if we had Gaelic football andf soccer teams though, or even basketball.

stew

Football....................American style by a country mile followed by baseball and then basketball.

The nearest GAA club to me is in Chicago which is over 200 mile away.

I have setanta broadband and sattelite also so i get to see a fair bit of the games but it's not the same thing....sniff.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Hardy

nifan

Soccer is biggest in my local area, some of the other areas round me would have cricket or gaelic football.

Dinny Breen

Football then rugby, soccer would be way back, no hurling at all in Kildare Town anymore...... :(
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

In this order in my area

Drinking
Soccer
Rallying
Tug O War
Ploughing
Tractor Pulling
Rugby
Athletics
Bowls