Shinty

Started by Lamh Dhearg Alba, September 21, 2007, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

Squad has already been picked, trials were over last number of weeks. Drew McNeil is senior coach
the difference between success and failure is energy

Rossfan

Fort William ( An Gearasdan) won  the Camanachd Cup 3 - 2 with the winning  goal a minute or two from the end.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lamh Dhearg Alba

It was a much better match than I had expected, some really good goals with the late winner the pick of them. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tyt2g/Shinty_Camanachd_Cup_2010/

There was talk a while back that they were looking to play the internationals over two weekends this year, home and away, anybody heard anything definitive on that?

the colonel

Didnt think it was too great myself LDA. The winner is a cracker, although Innes seems fair arrogant anytime he's on tv and himself and Inglis had a good wee barney before the game about the 200 final.

Yeah the first international is at Croke Park on the 31st October and the second game at Bught Park on November 14th. Although I think it is only senior game in Inverness. Scotland's U21's and womens both due to go to Ireland, Senior game probably due to go down as aggregate score like the Aussie Rules

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Cheers Colonel. Thats good news about the home and away aspect as I should be able to get to the game at the Bught. Take it the game in Croker is a tie in the with the football - aussie rules match? Should mean they get a decent crowd in.

I wasn't expecting too much from the game on Saturday given the teams have met so often and the games haven't always been classics, so from that perspective I was pleasantly surprised. The way Innes set up the Fort's second was superb as was his finish for the winner, and both Kingussie goals were impressive too. Innes can certainly come across as arrogant but he's actually a decent guy, he doesn't take himself too seriously really. Dont think Fraser Inglis was too impressed with him before the match right enough though :D. Thought young Lee Bain had a brilliant game on sumo Clark on Saturday, he is sure to be in the Scotland squad for the international.

the colonel

Yeah I imagine it is before the aussie rules game. Was speaking to one of the kyles lads and the squad has been announced, they have 2 in the squad.

Big clarke didn't get the service needed which is within 5 yards from him. At the other end Ronald Ross was marked out of the game by smart tactics rather than dirt. More satidfying way to win. Conditions didn't help on the day, and a wet day will suit scotland in the international games

the colonel

the colonel

any idea of anyone going to be selected in the Ireland Squad for this?

the colonel

2010 Irish Hurling/Shinty panels announced
26 October 2010

Joe Dooley and Michael Walsh, managers of the Irish Senior and U21 Hurling/Shinty teams respectively, announced their panels today for the 2010 matches between Ireland and Scotland. 

The first test of a two-test senior series takes place at 4.45pm in Croke Park, this coming Saturday October 30 as a curtain raiser to the second test of the Irish Daily Mail International Rules Series. The second Hurling/Shinty test takes place in Inverness, Scotland on Saturday, November 13. 

The U21 game is scheduled for 1.00pm, Saturday October 30 at Ratoath GAA Club.

The senior panel is as follows:
Captain:  Tommy Walsh   Kilkenny
•       Paul Dermody   Kildare ***
•       Stephen Clynch  Meath
•       Shane Dooley   Offaly
•       Aaron Graffin   Antrim
•       Willie Hyland   Laois
•       Gareth Johnston  Down
•       Darren McCormack  Westmeath
•       Paul McCormack  Armagh
•       Barry McFall   Antrim
•       Patrick Horgan  Cork
• Neil McManus   Antrim
•       Tom Murnane   Kerry
•       Brendan Murtagh  Westmeath
• Eoin Nolan   Carlow
•       Andrew O'Brien  Wicklow
•       John Rowney   Laois
•       Jackie Tyrrell   Kilkenny
*** Goalkeeper

The U21 panel is as follows:
Captain:  Eoin Reilly    Laois***
•       Ryan Bogue   Fermanagh
•       Andrew Collier   Laois
•       Nathan Curry   Armagh
•       Cormac Donnelly  Antrim
•       Noel Connors   Waterford
•       David Fitzelle   Kerry
•       Neil Heffernan   Meath
•       Eddie Kane   Carlow
•       Peter Kane   Wicklow
•       Keith Keoghan  Meath
•       Kieran McKiernan  Armagh
•       Shea McKiver   Tyrone
•       Christopher Murray  Laois
•       Shane Nolan   Kerry
•       Dara O'Connell  Kerry
•       Adrian Royle   Kerry
•       Micheál Ryan   Carlow
*** Goalkeeper

"The games last year in Scotland were fantastic spectacles and drew very favourable comment from television viewers after being screened in Ireland. The series provides our hurlers with a chance to wear an Irish jersey and I know this is something they value greatly" said Criostóir Ó Cuana Uachtarán Chumann Lúthchleas Gael. "I also know that a number of clubs have forged links with their Scottish counterparts and this is something we encourage. I would also like to welcome our Scottish visitors and wish both teams every success". 

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Similar Irish squad to last year? Anybody know if there will be any kind of TV coverage of it? BBC Scotland normally do a highlights programme but no sign of it in the schedule this year, wouldnt be surprised if they just show a minute or two before the second match. Good luck to all the teams anyway and hopefully we get 3 close well fought games.

the colonel

Apparently there is coverage on bbc alba on monday nite

thejuice

good first half, shane dooley looking like our only forward, Scotland are starting to get a grip on the game after a slow start
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Carmen Stateside

Some goal by Scotland. Irish keeper having a blinder,  he must have balls of steel in fairness because some of the efforts by scotland have been like bullets. Far more enjoyable than last weeks Austrailia Ireland game.

Carmen Stateside

And Ireland with a great goal just before the half time whistle.
Ireland 2-5
Scotland 2-7

thejuice

Some nice touches in it. The fact that you cant kick or catch it brings out the other skills. Nice bit of ground hurling too, fair enough a few wild swings that are off the mark.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016